PDA

View Full Version : Criteria For Speed Sessions

SirPhilip
08-13-2006, 07:02 AM
I was pleased to notice there was a "Speed Modeling" area of these forums introduced - and I wasn't the only one who thought it was very cool, along with being a way to rate how technically good a 3D Artist is. With that said, I'd like to propose terminology that could be used:

Static Realtime Asset Speed Contest
Contestants compete by building complete static realtime assets within 24 hours. Contestents are judged by aesthetics, expenditure of computational and memory resources, as well as construction efficiency.

Dynamic Realtime Asset Speed Contest
Contestants compete by building complete dynamic realtime assets (characters, creatures, vehicles, complex mechanical objects) within 24 hours, consisting of (realtime) shaders, textures, and rig. The most computationally and memory efficient yet aesthetically pleasing entry wins. All entries are hardware rendered out as a turntable animation by a judge and bonus points are awarded for the highest FP/S to appearence ratio.

Dynamic Film Asset Speed Contest
Contestants have 2 days to build a dynamic film asset, consisting of shaders, textures, and rig. All entries are software rendered as a turntable animation by a judge and bonus points awarded based on rendering efficiency square appearence.

High-End Still Art Contest
Contestants have 2 days and no restrictions on scene efficiency, and are judged soley by the visual result they can produce in two days. Bonus points are awarded for using a software package's procedural shaders and textures, or painting tools, to desired effect in place of ones brought in.

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2006, 07:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.