PDA

View Full Version : image maps not working right

claws_33
08-12-2006, 08:06 PM
I just recently got lightwave 9.0 (and i must say it's awesome) but when i input my image maps onto the object the maps become very blurry. I've tried upping the image size, didn't work. It's a UV map so I don't know why it isn't doing it exactly. I even tried some old textures and it did the same thing. Any tips would be great! ^_^

edit: I figured out that it works in layout, but i still would like to be able to preview it in modeler. thanks

SockMonkey
08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, if you're talking about how it looks in Modeler, and it sounds like you are, you have to choose an image resolution size in the display options panel. Just press your d key and it'll open up, assuming your keys are using the default settings. In the middles there are boxes for image resolution size, 128, 256, 512, 1024, and you choose one. The higher the res, the better quality the image.
But, Modeler isn't so hot with Open GL and hi res images on hi ploygon models isn't such a great idea, for speed of moving things around.
Regardless of these settings, as you've seen, in Layout the textures will render the same.

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.