PDA

View Full Version : How to control X, Z dimensions of spline with Xpreeso?

Newstream
08-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I'm stuck.

I'm trying to create a table / podium where its Length and Width is controlled by User Data while simultaneously keeping its four legs in the right location at all times i.e. the corners of the podium. (see attached file)

The four corner legs of the podium are children of nulls which in turn are then kept in place (via the point node) onto the four point of a rectangular spline.

The problem I'm running into is: How to control / access the X & Z dimensions of the spline so that its X, Z can be controlled by the width & depth dimensions specified by the user data.

Any input much appreciated.
Cheers / Alex

JDP
08-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi, here's two files with slightly different methods for you to examine. If you want to change the position of the reference object's axis turn off expressions first.

Cheers,
JDP

Newstream
08-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi, here's two files with slightly different methods for you to examine. If you want to change the position of the reference object's axis turn off expressions first.

Cheers,
JDP

Wow, Thanks JDP for helping me out! :thumbsup: , much appreciated.
Looking at your setup makes me want to look into coffee. Just don't know where to start.
Cheers / Alex

Jorge Arango
08-12-2006, 04:39 PM
...makes me want to look into coffee. Just don't know where to start.
Cheers / Alex

The last two issues of 3DAttack magazine are the best place to start (articles by RuiMac). From there you can go to Per Anders's site. There's a nice tutorial there too.

Jorge Arango

Newstream
08-12-2006, 07:16 PM
The last two issues of 3DAttack magazine are the best place to start (articles by RuiMac). From there you can go to Per Anders's site. There's a nice tutorial there too.

Jorge Arango

Good tip.
Thanks Jorge.
/ Alex

JDP
08-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi Badtastic,
there are also a couple of tutorials in the coffee sdk which you can download from plugin cafe. It comes in two versions a .chm and an HTML version, make sure you download the HTML version as it has example code included. If you have no programming experience it may be tough at first but hang in there as at it will get easier and will be worth the effort. You can always ask questions here or at plugin cafe.

Cheers,
JDP

Newstream
08-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi Badtastic,
there are also a couple of tutorials in the coffee sdk which you can download from plugin cafe. It comes in two versions a .chm and an HTML version, make sure you download the HTML version as it has example code included. If you have no programming experience it may be tough at first but hang in there as at it will get easier and will be worth the effort. You can always ask questions here or at plugin cafe.

Cheers,
JDP

Hey, Thanks JDP! I'll look into this.
BTW is Coffee similar to Java? (clue: lines ending in ";" ) I could be wrong but I read somewhere that Java is a known / established language and coffee a Maxon iteration of it. Would this be correct?

Cheers / Alex

JDP
08-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Some bits are similar to Java, I think it's really a mixture of a few things but that description is not far off.

Cheers,
JDP

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2006, 01:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.