PDA

View Full Version : How much RAM do you use with Vue?

temporalvistasquash
08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi,

I was running into Memory problems with Vue recently and was wondering how others manage to have enough RAM on WinXP Pro for the RAM-hungry apps. I`m currently running with 2 GB but I`m planning to buy a new PC with more RAM.
I was thinking to buy 4GB but then heard about the problems that WinXP 32bit cannot manage the whole 4 GB. Now I`m pondering to only buy 3GB for the new machine.
I haven`t found any clear answer so far that explains easily if 4GB or even 3GB are ok to be used with WinXP. It would be cool to get some hints from others who already had to deal with this issue.

Thanks,
temporal

rhodar
08-12-2006, 02:08 AM
I personally only have 1.5gig of ram in my computer i use in vue. Generally it is quite quick and dont run into any "out of memory" errors, though occasionally i do.
From what i know of windows xp (32bit edition) is that it will only use up to 2 gig for any one program, so i think if you were to upgrade your ram, you would not notice to much of a difference in speed in vue.
I have heard that there is a way to unlock more ram, but the information i was reading was a bit vague and contradictory.
I know that windows xp x64 (64 bit edition) can support 4gig+ of RAM, but i dont know how vue will run because it is a 32 bit application.
You could just wait for vue 6 infinite, get the 64 bit edition, and run it on windows xp x64 and problem wouild be solved ;)

(feel free to correct me if was incorrect with any of the info)

Rhodar

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2006, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.