PDA

View Full Version : Scila A.D.

thyn
08-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hello everyone :)

This is my first post. I am preparing the image for presenting it in the 2D Gallery.
Based on "Scila & Haribda" legend from greek mythology. I`ve made it black and white to "increase" the mythic part of the story.I would appreciate your opinions, remarks and suggestions.

http://thyn.mishev.net/artbythyn/Scila%20A.%20D.jpg

Nazirull
08-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Yea.....wicked....busier perhaps...with more structures and ships would suggest the immensity of the place and the true population that the island holds.

yellowdog
08-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I think your image would be a lot more dynamic if you offset the subject to one side or the other... Other then that I really like the black and white approach. It's a bit rare to see matte painitngs in unusual color palettes.

:)

JJASSO
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I agree with yellowdog about the composition, being at the center could be a waste of elements in composition, also the lighting in the center island I think is wrong , the key light appears to be behind it the architecture looks really cool,but the monster could be a little too much for a matte painting

everlite
09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
I really like this, it's not exactly a matte painting me think, given the sea monster, and not the best pic in the universe, but i do like it so much. Personally i think the centered position works well with the era of print associated with the style. How was this created? Do you still have the colour version? and how was the style achieved? I'd love to learn more about how this pic was created. I also think it would look very nice if you had a series of, say three, that told a short self contained story. Forgive me i'm not familiar with the story of Scila & Haribda. I just love the way you've managed to combine the modern structures with the old style and keep it all consisitent. Again, i feel you should submit this as a series.

Well done, hope to see and learn more http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

- Dave.

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2006, 08:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.