PDA

View Full Version : Character Pose - Reopen Scene Pose modified

ossosso
08-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi everybody! I noticed a little "bug" that I don't know the reason why

I've rigged a character in a T position, and I saved the scene. Then I've opened that scene and I've made a pose for that character using the controls, I needn't the character to move, I only need that he remains in that pose; I've saved the new scene, and when I reopen it my character pose is no more like I left, he doesnt mantein the original pose, he assumes a strange pose, and everytime I have to re-adjust him.

I know that I can solve posing the character and then delete history in the way that the bones don't influence him and he remains in that pose, but I'd like to know, if someone knows, for which reason I've this little problem.

Thank you very much and sorry for my english :)

animationrigs
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Sounds like it could be a couple of different issues.
1. The controls that you are moving could be "connected" so even though you pose them and save the scene, when you reopen the scene it just gets restored to it's connected value. Almost like having a point constraint on a control, you can pose it, but the minute you update the timeline or close and reopen the control is back in it's original location
2. Cycles. If you have cycles in your rig, Maya can potentially evaluate the result differently every time.
3. Referenced. If you are using a referenced file, that has keys in it already, you won't be able to change the pose. (based on your description, I don't think this is the problem though).

Good luck!

ossosso
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Thank you for your answer, I think probably could be some "connection", in fact I different constraints for my controls.

The next time I ll pay more attention :)

ByeZ!

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.