PDA

View Full Version : Is Messiha Animate usable for me

HellBorn
01-23-2003, 02:11 PM
The Current Offer for Messia is something I just about could afford so I would have to use it as a standalone application. Problem is that I cant afford no more than that. Models is no problem if it supports import of wavefront models but what about the animation rendering and texture handling side of it.
Is there any free renderengines that I can use from Messiha?

Let me also say that I am an hobbyist tired of creases and I'm locking for something that can replace AM. My budget is somewere around $600. I have downloaded the demo and there is so many buttons and stuff and I don't know what might have been disabled in the demo. That's why asking instead of figuring it out for myself.

Wish I could afford Messiha studio but there is no chance of that.

What about it , or any other suggestions?

Roger Eberhart
01-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I believe you can do preview renders from Animate. But you won't be able to texture properly without Studio. Also, the renderer in studio is still in beta. After dealing with Hash, I'm kinda tired of beta testing products for people. I went with Lightwave. In 7.5 the animation tools aren't that bad. There is NLA and a cool way of handling morph targets. There are usually some offers running to get it for $995, so I would start saving your pennies. In the meantime, try modeling in Wings 3D and rendering in Blender. Both programs are more stable than AM ever was. Wings will get you up to speed in SubD modeling. Once you get the hang of that you'll never want to touch patches again.

Wegg
01-23-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by HellBorn
Wish I could afford Messiha studio but there is no chance of that.

What about it , or any other suggestions?

I would suggest hanging out in the Lightwave and Messiah mailing lists and look for people selling their coppies. I have seen Animate for $350 and even Messiah/Lightwave combos for as low as $900.

Messiah Animate really is an elegant solution. It opens up a whole world of possibilities in being able to plug into Maya, Max, C4D and Lightwave. If your really wanting to go "software agnostic" then Messiah is a good choice as a hub for your more complex character animation.

dfaris
01-23-2003, 05:59 PM
HellBorn,

I was looking for different software app's about 6 or 7 months ago and did a lot of looking and talking to find out what software to get.

If you $600 to spend you might want to ask onthe messiah mailing list if people are selling thier copy of Messiah Studio I have seen it on there for as low as that. I bought my copy of messiah studio for $700 off that list and it is ok with the folks that make messiah and they will even transferr the registration over to you with not problems. The URL for the messiah email list is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmGmessiah/ it is a yahoo group so you might have to sign up for free.

Messiah studio is a great app to animate in you will have to do some learning because there are so many features. For modeling you can use AM models but when you export the model it does need cleaning because of 5point patches ect ect.,

If you use Wings3d to model the model exports fine with no cleaning needed. So you model in wings and export to messiah. The messiah renderer is not done yet so you can render but some things are not in it yet like UV mapping.

I use ZBrush to model and texture in as well as wings and both export to messiah with no problems. ZB does allow me to texture my model and export the model with the textures works fine.

Anyway I would look around the messiah email list and ask if anyone is selling the seat to messiah studio.
I still have the email address of the guy I bought mine from if you would like to ask him, I think he had a seat or two left. so email me if you would like his email

HellBorn
01-24-2003, 08:24 AM
A seat?

dfaris
01-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Yes a seat, its really just the registration.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.