PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fox Help!!!

Kansai
08-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Hello all my system got shut down suddenly and when I rebooted and launched fire fox I noticed that all my book marks were gone. Is there any way I can restore this. Any help or links would be great. The rest of my system is fine. Running windows xp sp2 and fire fox version 1.5.0.6

salmonmoose
08-10-2006, 02:41 AM
You could dig around in the profile directory;

It's worth using something like google browser sync or a service like del.icio.us so that your bookmarks are stored remotely, in case of a system failure, you can get them back.

salmonmoose
08-10-2006, 02:44 AM
On windows, your book marks are here:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\SOMERANDOMNUMBER.default\bookmarks.html

there is a backup in that directory (bookmarks.bak) which you could replace the html file with.

Kansai
08-10-2006, 03:41 AM
Hello salmonmoose thanx for the reply and help. Well I copied the files to my desktop and then tried to import them but no luck I believe they are corrupt although it does show a file size in KB(kilo bytes) but when I tried to import I get nothing I even renamed the .bak file to bookmarks.html and it was also empty. I think I am out of luck damn. I will back up more often from now on :(

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2006, 03:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.