PDA

View Full Version : modeling reel wire question

TSB
08-10-2006, 02:18 AM
hi. when it comes time to present my work on a demo reel and i need to show my wireframe i'm wondering if it's better to show the smoothed wires that represent the final rendered model (sudd or smoothed poly) or the base wires? i dunno? just thinking. thanks

Arcanox
08-10-2006, 06:15 AM
I would definately go the route of the smoothed wires. Any issues with bad topology and pinching should be visible to the trained modeler. Your base wires don't tell as much as the smoothed ones because it's a bit harder for the person reviewing your model to anticipate whats going to happen when you do actually smooth it.

However though, if you feel your base meshes are worth looking at, I would definately include them in stills on the CD. If your smooth shaded and smoothed wires are impressive enough, people will go looking for extras.

TSB
08-10-2006, 10:55 PM
that's pretty much along the same lines of what i was thinking. thanks for the reply.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2006, 10:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.