PDA

View Full Version : Funny Thing


walasek
01-23-2003, 07:29 AM
Ok - since visiting this forum and reading all the materials on other apps, I thought "what the hell" and I should try some of them out. I download Maya (Learning Edition), XSI, and ordered the CD for Lightwave.

I install Maya - installs fine. Start it up. Get this great window that goes through like 8 little movies showing how to do some basic things. I think "Wow! This is great". I click on the manual (pdf) at the bottom of this window - and read up. Yeah set to go.

I click the surface tab, and create a sphere. Cool!
I change the selection attributes to vertex. Cool!
I select some verticies and pull them out a bit. Very Cool!
I hit the spacebar to get the 4 window view... nice!
I hold alt and left mouse button, and start rotating the camera... CRASH!!!!

I started laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair.

Here I thought for a moment, and in all honesty, I have never had AM crash that quickly (I know some of you have), but I haven't. Maybe it *IS* me --- hehe

Just had to share that....

HellBorn
01-23-2003, 10:50 AM
There is a Virus out there that works under cover masked as a 3D application. It's called Animation Master. Make sure it not has infected your computer!



HellBorn:thumbsup:

Just had to comment...

Hookflash
01-23-2003, 12:18 PM
walasek: Why would you try other packages if A:M is working fine for you? For 99% of us, Maya is 100x more stable than A:M, but I guess you're one of the lucky 1%. Btw, since A:M works perfectly for you, I'd be interested to see some of your crease-free models (without the porcelain hack) and beautifally anti-aliased renders (done in record time, of coarse);)

walasek
01-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Hookflash
walasek: Why would you try other packages if A:M is working fine for you? For 99% of us, Maya is 100x more stable than A:M, but I guess you're one of the lucky 1%. Btw, since A:M works perfectly for you, I'd be interested to see some of your crease-free models (without the porcelain hack) and beautifally anti-aliased renders (done in record time, of coarse);)

Did I ever say it was working perfectly. No. Do I have crease free models (for what I use it for) - yes. I export to my game engine that uses polygons. So, basically I model with patches, and export as polygons. May seem strange to you, but it is hella easy and fast - and inexpensive. Do I need beautiful anti-aliased renders: not from AM.

It all depends on what you are trying to do with the software. I'm not using the software to make some demo reel. I'm using it to make models for my game. I also find it ironic that you would criticize me for trying other software.

Edit - perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... didn't see that winking little smily face, so maybe that was sarcasm.... sorry if it was and I blew up - sometimes hard to tell the tone from just reading a message...
I just thought it was funny how Maya crashed almost immediatle (ok about 5 actions in).

I also agree in the giant thread, that the one crash Maya did, just did hurt my willingness to continue with it...

jaymackey
01-23-2003, 06:31 PM
I've had the same experience with Maya PLE. It may not be so bad with the full version. And we aren't necessarily using a video card that Maya recommends either. The crashing in Maya PLE does appear to be real-time-rendering-related, as opposed to piddling little interface or document-save-related crashes, so far that I've experienced.

dfaris
01-23-2003, 06:32 PM
LOL that is funny.

Did you try wings3d yet? and give ZB a try there demo is out.

I dont use maya but I have used LW pretty good app if you can get by the GUI.

HEY Hookflash I think he was just saying how maya crashed was funny.

Wings will give a real good poly subD modeling program and you can export it to AM if you would likt to so it will help with the non organic models.

gmask
01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
>>>I hold alt and left mouse button, and start rotating the camera... CRASH!!!!


Sounds like a video card issue.. what card do you have?

My Fault
01-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by gmask
Sounds like a video card issue.. what card do you have?

I think Gmask is right. I know in Messiah and AM 90% of the issues I had went away when I went back to a GeForce card. I think ATI is actually a virus, at least as far as OpenGL is involved :p

pabitel
01-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I don't thinks it's fair to compare a A:M (a $300 package) with Maya (a $7,000 package with a hefty maintenance cost.) Other packages people mention in these threads are even more expensive.

Like everyone else, I crash often; and almost everyday I curse the software. Then, it does something magical -- something incredible at any price.

Hookflash
01-24-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by walasek
I also find it ironic that you would criticize me for trying other software.

I was just bein' overly sarcastic. A:M brings out the worst in me;)

My Fault
01-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Hookflash has been known to crash for no apparent reason due to his former use of AM... he hates that

:p :p :p

Hookflash
01-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by My Fault
Hookflash has been known to crash for no apparent reason due to his former use of AM... he hates that

:p :p :p

Yeah, I've assimilated A:M's bugginess. Now, it's time to purge and move on to something better (such as Lightwave... Woohoo!).

My Fault
01-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Hookflash
Yeah, I've assimilated A:M's bugginess. Now, it's time to purge and move on to something better (such as Lightwave... Woohoo!).

I've never had Lightwave crash on me, though I also haven't ventured in to the deeper Lightwave waters yet either.

Ben Lumumba
01-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by walasek
Ok - since visiting this forum and reading all the materials on other apps, I thought "what the hell" and I should try some of them out. I download Maya (Learning Edition), XSI, and ordered the CD for Lightwave.

I install Maya - installs fine. Start it up. Get this great window that goes through like 8 little movies showing how to do some basic things. I think "Wow! This is great". I click on the manual (pdf) at the bottom of this window - and read up. Yeah set to go.

I click the surface tab, and create a sphere. Cool!
I change the selection attributes to vertex. Cool!
I select some verticies and pull them out a bit. Very Cool!
I hit the spacebar to get the 4 window view... nice!
I hold alt and left mouse button, and start rotating the camera... CRASH!!!!

I started laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair.

Here I thought for a moment, and in all honesty, I have never had AM crash that quickly (I know some of you have), but I haven't. Maybe it *IS* me --- hehe

Just had to share that....

you can compare maya with one of the finest 3d character aninmation package on the Animaster List

Ben Lumumba
01-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by pabitel
I don't thinks it's fair to compare a A:M (a $300 package) with Maya (a $7,000 package with a hefty maintenance cost.) Other packages people mention in these threads are even more expensive.

Like everyone else, I crash often; and almost everyday I curse the software. Then, it does something magical -- something incredible at any price.

what is that when I click "Save" AM crush

is that video card or junky code

I have right click to rpop-up window on my bones CRUSH

I have right click in PWS to get New Constraints CRASH

I don't get eze dropper at all
when clickimg with eye droper on bones nothing or CRUSH

Natess44
01-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Ben Lumumba
what is that when I click "Save" AM crush

is that video card or junky code

I have right click to rpop-up window on my bones CRUSH

I have right click in PWS to get New Constraints CRASH

I don't get eze dropper at all
when clickimg with eye droper on bones nothing or CRUSH

I think they even fixed most of this stuff in version 9.51e( some laterversion had these problems too but they fixed them).

pabitel
01-24-2003, 01:45 AM
I recently went to a two-day LightWave seminar and saw LightWave crash a number of times -- although not an A:Mesque number.

HellBorn
01-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Natess44
I think they even fixed most of this stuff in version 9.51e( some laterversion had these problems too but they fixed them).

Well I had a bot 10 crashes in one hour using that version. As one understand most part of that hour was spent restarting AM.

All crashes happend when pressing this or that key on the keybord (mostly the arrow keys).

After that I gave up on AM...

elvis75k
01-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Try my hint: Go to alias.com and download the OPENMAYA.TAR.GZ
Replace the files with the original and maybe it work.....

Ps: I use maya4.5 on geforce2gts_pro and pentium3@733~ and in the bios all the shadow parameter turned OFF. My maya never crash...

BlueCougar
01-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by pabitel
I don't thinks it's fair to compare a A:M (a $300 package) with Maya (a $7,000 package with a hefty maintenance cost.) Other packages people mention in these threads are even more expensive.

Like everyone else, I crash often; and almost everyday I curse the software. Then, it does something magical -- something incredible at any price.

I believe the point isn't the price tag, its the claims Hash has made regarding his program. Hash makes claims regarding the capabilities of his program that imply it can compete with the "big boys". When in all honesty it can't. As far as the price is concerned he chose to charge what he charges. That doesn't give him special privaledges to be excused from the other responsiblities of a software company, such as stability and support. Example:
"Excuse me sir, the car I bought yesterday doesn't run right."
"Yeah, but I didn't charge you that much for it in the first place..."
"But you said it was great for the price..."
"It is, just don't expect too much from it...."


Just my .02

Nurb'd
01-24-2003, 03:40 PM
And saying something like that is absurd

beyond absurd

that is what bothers me... the way he makes this false picture to lure in starry eyed people just starting out

if he called it what it is then I doubt anyone would have a problem

Ben Lumumba
01-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Natess44
I think they even fixed most of this stuff in version 9.51e( some laterversion had these problems too but they fixed them).

I have ALL verrsion from 2002 cd 951e and up 9.51x,f,y,a,e
anf whole dman bunch of 10 beta's
10.6,10.7,8,9

Lyr
01-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Nurb'd
And saying something like that is absurd

beyond absurd

that is what bothers me... the way he makes this false picture to lure in starry eyed people just starting out

if he called it what it is then I doubt anyone would have a problem

If he called it what it was it would be "ponzy scheme".

gmask
01-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Lyr
If he called it what it was it would be "ponzy scheme".

Ponzy schemes are investment fraud.. what does that have to do with 3d software??? No software guareentees that you will make money by using their product...at least not any 3d software i have ever heard of????:surprised

Nurb'd
01-25-2003, 07:42 PM
it is not fraud

he just has people honestly believing AM is as good as products like Maya/XSI/LW/Max etc

that is absurd and more then misleading.. frankly creating unfair realistic vision at what can and can not be done with AM

the animation tools are easy and pretty good at animating spline models

try animating a subd model like http://www.thehobbitguy.com/Gallery.html# the monster in the second row. Try making something even close with AM and splines. I could supply a 100 other models done that are about as close to human looking then you are going to get. Some done by people on this board. To compare AM to those programs because it can "animate" easy with splines is ... :shrug: Poser/Bryce are easy too for that matter.

The tools in AM are easy so people "love" them. There is a reason a giant like alias|wavefront does not have "easy" tools. People do not pay 6 to 7k for Maya and XSI or the money for LW/Max because they just enjoy paying. They pay because they are full complete packages that produce things you see on TV all the time. They are in the games you play.

He really needs to stop misleading his supporters. I will make anyone a wager. Take the best spline master you can find. Find a person who has mastered a free polygon application like wings. Put them both up for a job at some "house" and see who would get the job. AM will crash and burn long before Alias|Wavefront will. No offense but he has seemed to breed sort of a cult. If he was honest and called it what it was then I would not be posting here. I bought AM long ago like so many naive people. It only took me 3 months and watching someone on 3dsMax to come to understand how duped I was. While everyone can not afford a higher end app.. they can at least know what they are really getting. I think it was my father who said "Son, nothing easy is worth it in the long run" and I would agree.

If you are in 3d just for fun and it is nothing more then a hobby then ignore any post I make. I am only speaking to those that might want to get a job in this very tough industry.

Ben Lumumba
01-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Nurb'd
it is not fraud

he just has people honestly believing AM is as good as products like Maya/XSI/LW/Max etc

that is absurd and more then misleading.. frankly creating unfair realistic vision at what can and can not be done with AM

the animation tools are easy and pretty good at animating spline models

try animating a subd model like http://www.thehobbitguy.com/Gallery.html# the monster in the second row. Try making something even close with AM and splines. I could supply a 100 other models done that are about as close to human looking then you are going to get. Some done by people on this board. To compare AM to those programs because it can "animate" easy with splines is ... :shrug: Poser/Bryce are easy too for that matter.

The tools in AM are easy so people "love" them. There is a reason a giant like alias|wavefront does not have "easy" tools. People do not pay 6 to 7k for Maya and XSI or the money for LW/Max because they just enjoy paying. They pay because they are full complete packages that produce things you see on TV all the time. They are in the games you play.

He really needs to stop misleading his supporters. I will make anyone a wager. Take the best spline master you can find. Find a person who has mastered a free polygon application like wings. Put them both up for a job at some "house" and see who would get the job. AM will crash and burn long before Alias|Wavefront will. No offense but he has seemed to breed sort of a cult. If he was honest and called it what it was then I would not be posting here. I bought AM long ago like so many naive people. It only took me 3 months and watching someone on 3dsMax to come to understand how duped I was. While everyone can not afford a higher end app.. they can at least know what they are really getting. I think it was my father who said "Son, nothing easy is worth it in the long run" and I would agree.

If you are in 3d just for fun and it is nothing more then a hobby then ignore any post I make. I am only speaking to those that might want to get a job in this very tough industry.


Hi,
Ans me high appreciation for your work.I visited your post
Really high-end,master peace
that is what I wanted to do and why I bought AM beleiving
I could do it with Am
And fot that metter you are totaly right
AM is not for any real production for majority of people
I was stupid enough to try it again(yes ,I had it in ver 2.0,3.0,3.5 and up and gave up,fully unuseable and got again 2 months ago,
now is the worse)

I test now EIU because from this forum I was advised to check EUI
Do you have any opinion abou it?

Nurb'd
01-25-2003, 11:17 PM
You would be better off with lightwave

career wise.. stick with lightwave/max/xsi/maya if possible

they are the 4 used most and experience with one of them will pay off

If you can not afford it then I would honestly go for the learning editions and maybe grab wings/blender on the side. Even though I use Maya.. I am still taking the free Houdini class on buzz3d.

Whatever the case.. I would go for EIU before AM. Looks pretty good

My Fault
01-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Nurb'd
If you are in 3d just for fun and it is nothing more then a hobby then ignore any post I make. I am only speaking to those that might want to get a job in this very tough industry.

Or you could do both, ignore your posts and work with AM and get in the industry. Thankfully folks like Victor Navone and Jeff Lew didn't think so much inside the box as you or they wouldn't have ended up where they are.

And I'd put Jeff Bunker or Joe Williamsen up against most any modeler you can name. Sounds like you need to be more aware of the talent out there and believe less of the hype from the other softs out there. Course I could be wrong.... but I'm not :p

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 06:02 AM
very true but I will tell you this

they are exceptions

people can say "it is not the package" and in the end it may be true

but by the time someone working with AM gets in... someone mastering the above packages will be twice ahead

as for putting them up against.. provide links...

edit :

only picture I could find of Joe Williamsen was made with LW 6 :D

http://www.raph.com/3dartists/artgallery/ag-ap410.html


here you go a couple I am a fan of

http://raph.com/3dartists/artgallery/hyungkun_choi1.jpg

software :3dsMax

http://www.highend3d.com/artists/artist.3d?au=Squareff779&iid=3

Maya

http://www.highend3d.com/artists/artist.3d?au=frimasson&iid=114

Maya

and a fav for last

http://www.highend3d.com/artists/artist.3d?au=fox3d&iid=239

Maya

find something close done in AM and I will change my tune

I know it is PC to say software plays no part. Software can and does limit the artist.

Hookflash
01-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by My Fault
Or you could do both, ignore your posts and work with AM and get in the industry. Thankfully folks like Victor Navone and Jeff Lew didn't think so much inside the box as you or they wouldn't have ended up where they are.

And I'd put Jeff Bunker or Joe Williamsen up against most any modeler you can name. Sounds like you need to be more aware of the talent out there and believe less of the hype from the other softs out there. Course I could be wrong.... but I'm not :p

I think Victor and Jeff are exceptions. They were obviously hired because they are talented enough that the package they were familiar with at the time was irrelevant. Most of us don't have, and will never have, that level of skill.

As for putting Jeff Bunker & Joe Williamsen up against "most any modeller you can name", give me a break. How about Martin Krol (ambient-whisper)? Or, how about that "meats" guy (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=39487)? Let's see them do *that* in Animation "Master":rolleyes:

My Fault
01-26-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Nurb'd
find something close done in AM and I will change my tune

Why would I care if you change your tune? My post was to other folks who would read your post and think you knew what you were talking about. It was to encourage other people who aren't as limited in thinking as you seem to be. It's an easy trap to get in (I've fallen victim too it as well) and I'm sure as you get older you'll grow out of it. Most of us do. :thumbsup:

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 06:55 AM
oh spare me

fact is you can not, you make a statement (like Hash) "I will put them up against" and with AM they can not even come close. Another crusader for a lost cause. It is that kind of outright bs that got me posting in the hash forum to begin with. Hey if you want to think that Honda is a Mercedes then feel free. Just do not trick others :shame:

"And I'd put Jeff Bunker or Joe Williamsen up against most any modeler" with AM? and splines? kidding me?

my only point is to at least let them know the truth

I will move on but at least some can decide to move on or stick with AM. They can not say no one told them so.

apoligies to anyone offended, some times the truth is harsh

my fault... good luck

:thumbsup:

My Fault
01-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Luckily a lot of the folks out here know the work of some of the guys I've mentioned and know how capable they really are. I just keep thinking back to the Rod head in 95 that was so far ahead of everyone else, done in AM (it still holds up pretty well 7 years later) or Bunker's Mike Tyson model (also from a few years back). Don't get me wrong, I feel strongly that Hash should get with the times and incorporate sub-d's in the program, but saying splines can't do amazing work tells me you haven't really been looking.

Sorry to sound like I'm mocking you Nurb'd. While I do think you don't know what your talking about and that you are wrong, I shouldn't have done that and I apologize. We've kind of begun our Superbowl party over here and my overly jovial mood is getting the better of me.

and oh yeah, Bucs by 3!

The Cross
01-26-2003, 07:31 AM
If you use Maya, and your learning Houdini, The only thing you would want to use Houdini for is compositing.

When i was in college, the main thing was Maya and Houdini. When learning expressions, I had to request to the instructor in the middle of the lesson that we scrap what we went through, and learn expressions with Maya, cause everyone was having complications with the software.

Half way into the coarse, we stoped using Houdini and started to focus on Combustion.


Don't get me wrong, Houdini is a powerful package, and it's made quiet an impact in 3D Graphics and special FX. It's just that the simplest things are made out to be too technical. I applaud it's render engine, even though you have to practually write it's own render view.

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 07:31 AM
It is really simple

claiming AM is as good as Maya is absurd. Nothing to be wrong about. Take Joe shmoe on AM .. a very talented worker confined by his tools. Put him on Maya and compare his work. Conclude how you want. Call me wrong if you want. Sticking with splines is living in the stone age. If you find that wrong then friend I would wonder if you even keep up with the latest industry action.

regardless.. I made my point and I feel done with it. I felt duped, mislead, and lied to by Hash. Having said all I need to say..

and good luck to all hash users

Go bucs.. by 40 :buttrock:

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by The Cross
If you use Maya, and your learning Houdini, The only thing you would want to use Houdini for is compositing.

When i was in college, the main thing was Maya and Houdini. When learning expressions, I had to request to the instructor in the middle of the lesson that we scrap what we went through, and learn expressions with Maya, cause everyone was having complications with the software.

Half way into the coarse, we stoped using Houdini and started to focus on Combustion.


Don't get me wrong, Houdini is a powerful package, and it's made quiet an impact in 3D Graphics and special FX. It's just that the simplest things are made out to be too technical. I applaud it's render engine, even though you have to practually write it's own render view.

I picked up Maya pretty fast. I have to be honest and say Houdini is another story. Very tough.. but since the course and software is free... I figuered what the heck :shrug:

My Fault
01-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by The Cross
If you use Maya, and your learning Houdini, The only thing you would want to use Houdini for is compositing.

But I don't think that is because Maya is better then Houdini. Houdini is just so different, it's like a whole new paradigm. Amazingly powerful in the right hands (definitely not mine BTW :p ) I think it's great they are working so hard to get more people to use it through their free version and tutes on 3dbuzz. The bad thing is that if you ever decide to use it professionaly you'd probably have to hock a few internal organs ;)

It really is amazing the number of choices we have nowadays!

and Nurb'd has changed my mind, I agree, Bucs by 40 :buttrock:

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 07:45 AM
"Houdini is just so different"

that is putting it mildly :p

I think for special effects (in the right hands) houdini is the most powerful... IMO

Houdini is very powerful

Ben Lumumba
01-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
Or you could do both, ignore your posts and work with AM and get in the industry. Thankfully folks like Victor Navone and Jeff Lew didn't think so much inside the box as you or they wouldn't have ended up where they are.

And I'd put Jeff Bunker or Joe Williamsen up against most any modeler you can name. Sounds like you need to be more aware of the talent out there and believe less of the hype from the other softs out there. Course I could be wrong.... but I'm not :p
you should better look for majoriti of people and not for two EINSTEIN-two exception
for ten years of AM life,Playmotion,Animation:Apretince
IT very few
none of above two gyus uses AM anymore
it is past

My Fault
01-26-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Ben Lumumba
you should better look for majoriti of people and not for two EINSTEIN-two exception
for ten years of AM life,Playmotion,Animation:Apretince
IT very few
none of above two gyus uses AM anymore
it is past

Actually Ben, they all still do. In the future you should probably get your facts straight before you speak.

Bucs by 83 :p

Nurb'd
01-26-2003, 04:39 PM
:wavey:

steaks are on the grill... bucs by 92

Ben Lumumba
01-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
Actually Ben, they all still do. In the future you should probably get your facts straight before you speak.

Bucs by 83 :p
Huuu
When I say that they don't use AM any more,I thought that Navone works at Pixar for some feature and they don't use AM
That is what I know from forums
I apologise if I was unpolite in my previous post
but I got mad when all experienve user I can expect help from got booted from the list
I had no manual to learn from ,no documents
scarsy tuts to download and when complain ...
got booted to
and it is true,don't you mind for ten years of AM existence
it is very less seen from AM
I fell in love with AM but was deillusioned when I tried to do real work
actually never could learn,no source
and you must admit they are buggyand crushy
that is a fact
I'll get AM 10 final and give a last try

PEACE

My Fault
01-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Well you were partially right Ben. Victor does work at Pixar, but his latest short is using AM. Jeff was working on the new Matrix films and his next short is also in AM.

If AM isn't working for you, try downloading Maya PLE or get the new XSI experience or try the Lightwave Discovery edition. No one is saying you must use AM.

If your still interested in AM, throw some of your suggestions in with everyone else and we can all see if we can help Hash improve the software.

All of this is not worth getting an ulcer over :beer:

Nurb'd
01-27-2003, 04:44 AM
no it is not

(how about them bucs?)

:beer:

Ben Lumumba
01-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
Well you were partially right Ben. Victor does work at Pixar, but his latest short is using AM. Jeff was working on the new Matrix films and his next short is also in AM.

If AM isn't working for you, try downloading Maya PLE or get the new XSI experience or try the Lightwave Discovery edition. No one is saying you must use AM.

If your still interested in AM, throw some of your suggestions in with everyone else and we can all see if we can help Hash improve the software.

All of this is not worth getting an ulcer over :beer:
Yes
You are right,totaly right
I admit this as I admit that I was frustrated and my reaction
"wasn't appropriate" :) who did say that:)
Why
I was suggetsing long before to stick with CHARACTER ANIMATION TOOL AND FINOTO
They can't cope with renderer as MentalRay or RenderMan for quality output,or speed of C4D and or EIU for both
they can't produce cloth,dinamics,particles...bla...bla as somehigh-end packs as Houdini,XSI or MAYA
or VFX as 3DS Max and LW(lw did it in Blade runner 20 years ago and Babilon 5)
composing is kingdom of AfterEffects,Combustion and some others packs extension(XSI or MAYA composing extensions,Houdini extra)
Thay can't get modeling tools as Rhino or some other pack specialised in that
They can't make textures as other specialised for texturing and surface manipulation
They are not Photoshop and Painter and Sculptor
I think you get what I mean and what 1000+ were suggesting over the years
you must admit it
I only said STIck WITH CHARACTER ANIMATION TOOL AND AMEN
Halelujha
just get this damn boning/rigging/constrainig working
in chereography and finito
I am not the one ,just as many people over the years were suggesting
freez the new features and make it work
BUTY THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN
They are market for home hobby user and end of story
They just don't listen
it is a years and they make the some policy
I still have it but I can't use it
you know what peolple say
They blame us ,AM likes this,AM like that,change morherboard,memeory,XP,OS... DMA, my wife,my home
comon, it is joke
some guys said
Take from Hash official note of hardware/software/os system specification ... finish
when after that AM doesn't work
CASE for CORT TRIAL
JUST take good advocates and trial them
taht 's it

Dearmad
01-27-2003, 11:51 PM
Wow, that reads like some crazy poetry you beat-nut. :surprised

Norbert
01-28-2003, 11:55 AM
WOOOO! Yeah!! I'll have some of what Ben's been smoking!! :eek: :thumbsup: :beer:

Nurb'd
01-28-2003, 01:03 PM
:applause:

no0ne
01-28-2003, 03:10 PM
@ BEN :bounce: love your style, too
it's a bit cryptic
but still understandable
guess we'd have way more trouble with your mother-tongue (;

:wip: aahhh, the match did burn my fingers

Ben Lumumba
01-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by no0ne
@ BEN :bounce: love your style, too
it's a bit cryptic
but still understandable
guess we'd have way more trouble with your mother-tongue (;

:wip: aahhh, the match did burn my fingers

I know you
Mister NoOne
you are the one of Hash's marketing
representative in www.am-user.de

Nurb'd
01-28-2003, 04:09 PM
lol :wavey:

no0ne
01-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ben Lumumba
I know you
Mister NoOne
you are the one of Hash's marketing
representative in www.am-user.de

oops (; got me

but others are much better @ advertising
it may seem like an anti-ad, what gilles did
but have a look around, we're talking about a:m on cgtalk :bounce: we are able to help each other, yippie

the 3dartz <-> zandoria thingy :beer:

& you are talkin about a:m louder than me :thumbsup:

Dearmad
01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Yep, I think Ben may have written some smokin' rap lyrics without knowing it- better get your copyright on those or they may end on the radio soon.

"Freeze Freeze!" yo "Freeze Freeze!"
:bounce:

i-design
01-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Hmmm..
I really don't understand all that boring discussions about A:M

My version of A:M runs very stabil. (9.51)

I don't know what is different to your computers, but maybe it is because I only use my computer for work and not for playing. I don't install every day another software and I try to keep my OS clean. I have underclocked my CPU, and I only use good RAM. Maybe thats the secret.

A:M runs very stabel on my system. And I don't have to take care which other programm is still running.
I use A:M beside Outlook, Photoshop, I have several browser-windows open at the same time and I don't turn off my anti-virus programm. Sometimes I start a chat via Messenger, and A:M still does its Render-work in the background........without crashing.


Tom

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.