PDA

View Full Version : Clone hundreds of trees

tcarita
08-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi ppl i need to clone hundreds of trees in LW, i ned them radomly cloned and thought Powergons would be the answer, but there are no tuturial that would make me understand that :-(

Any Idea??

taleequale
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I had the same problem some time ago.. this tutorial can help you:

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/powergons/index.html

taleequale
08-08-2006, 09:22 PM
something strange append.. strange for me.. I had to use two different string to activate the powergons process in layout:

SelectByName albero:albero\rClone 1\rPosition \c\rRotation \n\rParentItem \i\rCreateKey 0

and

SelectByName albero:albero\rClone 1\rPosition \c\rRotation \n\rParentItem \i\rCreateKey 1

Cageman
08-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Take a look at this videotutorial. Shows how you can use particles to do crowd animation. It will of corse work with non-animated objects as well (don't make the particles move).

ftp://ftp.newtek.com//pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/FXlinker_small.mov

CtrlAltDel
08-09-2006, 06:17 AM
Happy digital's HD_instance probably sounds more like it.

http://www.happy-digital.com/hdinstance_docs/hd_instance.html

DMack
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance, HD Instance

That's your solution - no doubt about it. How can I be so certain? - I've done a forest lined road - about four kilometers long - literally tens of thousands of trees, all with between 20 and 60K leaves.

HD Instance - THE best plugin for LW, IMO.

No, I am not connected in any way!

I am so looking forward to version 2 if it comes out - anyone know any news on that front?

tcarita
08-09-2006, 01:50 PM
thanks for the Help...

CloneZ works well too :-P

el_koyote
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Faulkermano has a neat Point_Clone_Extra v4 that's very handy

jm

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.