PDA

View Full Version : Particles - Goemetry insecting

peterhus
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi all,

I'm doing an demonstration of big rocks going throw a jaw crusher, crushing into smaller pieces and landing on the conveyor belts underneath.

One question I wanted to ask, is that I've started using particles as rocks landing on the crusher bucket and slidding into the Ecentric to crush the big rocks smaller.

I've got a pretty idea in what I'm doing, I hope but when the particles coming out of the emitter landing onto the bucket area, I want the rocks to be resting on top of each other and not insecting as the render shows below.

Is this possible to do??

Also I have been thinking of using reactor and that works (rocks on top of each other and not insecting) but as rocks move down to be crush I don't know how I would make the rocks disappear as it hit the ecentric and having small rocks coming out of the bottom.

Any idea of this one too if the above particle not N/A

Need any more info please let me know,
Peter

Hook
08-08-2006, 09:58 PM
it cant be done whitout some scripting, you can take a look at Allanmckay's site he have a tutorial on how to combine PFlow and Reactor

www.allanmckay.com (http://www.allanmckay.com)

and a direct link to the tutorial

http://www.intrinsia.net/amckay/tuts/_amckay_PRB.avi

hope it helps

peterhus
08-09-2006, 12:10 AM
That not really what I am after. I looked at the 'keep apart' operator in Pflow but didn't work out.

So I wonder if anyone know's how too keep the geomerty arpart without insecting?

Peter

mackdadd
08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
could this be the same problem as yours?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=390993

peterhus
08-09-2006, 02:55 PM
No sorry, I've been on there but nothing in there about stopping geomerty insecting each other.

Does anyone know what this one?

Peter

PiXeL_MoNKeY
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
You would need the support for inter-particle collision. Pflow does not/will not support without creating your own dataflow operator in Pflow Toolbox #3 or waiting for Pflow Toolbox #2, which is currently in development with no release date announced yet. However, defualt interparticle collision in standard max particle system works on the particle centers/pivots and not the geometric boundaries. As Intrinsia suggested the Pfow to reactor approach is probably your best bet.

-Eric

peterhus
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Won't Pflow Toolbox #1 will have this?

Peter

PiXeL_MoNKeY
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
No Toolbox #1 does not, as far as I know. Toolbox #2 is suppose to have particle dynamics, softbody/hardbody/inter-particle like reactor dynamics, this will also have some hardware acceleration options using special physx hardware cards. Having the rocks disappear will probably have to be done with some creativity. There are some tips over at the Orbaz Forum about using Toolbox #1 to apply pflow motion to a finished reactor simulation, but that is really the only other stuff I know on the subject.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.