>
>
> An Animation:Master forum has been set up on CGtalk. We want to make
> this
> forum rock with tips, tec talk, wips, suggestions, and even rants on
> any CG
> topic, and rub elbows with the rest of the CG world. I hope this new
> forum
> will compliment the A:M list. Come and check it out.
>
> http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=82
>
> Cheers, Gra4mac

<snip>

Steve Sappington
Hash, Inc.
400 West Evergreen Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98660
360-750-0042
-3D Modeling and Character Animation Tools!-
http://www.hash.com
--

Natess44
01-23-2003, 05:05 AM
It does!

gra4mac
01-23-2003, 06:26 AM
What is perl script? The funny thing is that Steve reposted that message to the list with his warning so they got it twice. His warning probably drew more attention than the original post.

Cheers, graham

Hookflash
01-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Well, I figured the person would get banned for posting that, but looks like he'll get off with just a warning. Maybe Steve is starting to lighten up (pfffft;)).

gra4mac
01-23-2003, 05:12 PM
The warning and the banishment came one after the other. I think Steve is in putting out fires mode.

Cheers, Graham

jaymackey
01-23-2003, 07:44 PM
As far as I know, Steve rarely warns anyone prior to banishment. The warnings are always meant for those on the list that might be thinking about continuing a thread. He bans the offender first. One strike and you're out. He does let people back on, though. Perhaps he does warn some people. If so, then he is very inconsistent on how he handles different cases. It certainly seems that some people have 'gotten away' with saying things that would have gotten others banned.

Natess44
01-23-2003, 07:59 PM
He doesn't even give you a chance even if your not agreeing with the subject, he just bans you and then you have to beg to get back on.

gra4mac
01-23-2003, 08:04 PM
You don't need to beg to get back on. You just have to agree to follow the list rules. Also, in the past he has given warnings before banning. I assume his tollerance is a bit low right now. I know this from experience. Heck, you're not really a seasoned A:M user if you haven't been kicked off the list at least once.:)

Cheers, Graham

Natess44
01-23-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Graham Clark
You don't need to beg to get back on. You just have to agree to follow the list rules. Also, in the past he has given warnings before banning. I assume his tollerance is a bit low right now. I know this from experience. Heck, you're not really a seasoned A:M user if you haven't been kicked off the list at least once.:)

Cheers, Graham

:) You do have a point there. I vaugely remember that I almost got booted once before the last one and he did give me a warning.

My Fault
01-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Ya, generally you had to have acted like a serious wanker to be booted without a warning, though I'm sure it has happened to a few people.

Hookflash
01-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by My Fault
Ya, generally you had to have acted like a serious wanker to be booted without a warning, though I'm sure it has happened to a few people.

It's happened to me twice:annoyed: ;)

My Fault
01-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Hookflash
It's happened to me twice:annoyed: ;)

I meant normal people :beer:

Hookflash
01-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by My Fault
I meant normal people :beer:

I thought you said "serious wankers". But, hey, if I don't qualify, that works for me;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.