PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Zemeckis' ImageMovers moving to Disney?

RobertoOrtiz
08-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Quote:
" In a move with broad implications for the future of the animation business, TMZ has learned that The Walt Disney Company has poached Oscar-winning director Robert Zemeckis from DreamWorks Pictures, and is a cat's breath away from signing his ImageMovers production company to a multi-year deal at The Walt Disney Company's Disney Pixar Animation."

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/07/motion-captured-pixar-poaches-robert-zemeckis/

-R

Breinmeester
08-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Quote:
"In short, Pixar movies without the Pixar price or wait."

That sounds pretty contradictive.

I think 'Monster House' will be a very entertaining film, but I have the feeling the motion capture stuff still needs to be fine tuned a lot.

RobertoOrtiz
08-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Monster House is the movie that convinced me that his outfit might indeed have a future.

I loved that they tried to catch the magic of the AMBLIN films from the 80's with a Stephen King flavor. If Disney pulls this off, this will be a HUGE coup for them, since the demographic these people seem to be aiming for are a bit older (Tweeners, Tennagers).

-R

Papa Lazarou
08-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Mo-cap animated movies aren't really my cup of tea, but my feeling is this: with the saturation level you're seeing with animated movies right now, the more variety we can get the better. That means the revival of hand-drawn, the continuence of what Pixar have been doing, the occaisional stop-motion film and the emerging sub-medium of motion capture. I'd like to see as much variety of mediums and variety of subject matter and storylines.

I think Iger has the right idea for Disney. It seemed like animation was eroding towards the end of the Eisner regime while the company was expanding in all other directions. It seems to me that Iger is doing as much as possible to put the emphasis back on animation, which was and should be the foundation of the company.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2006, 09:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.