PDA

View Full Version : The Gift - VFX Challenge - Chico

Chico
01-23-2003, 02:49 AM
Start....

Off to rent out the movie and have a look this evening and see what I can do. Dont have alot as far as live tools go so the wee Panasonic MiniDV will have to be enough. Should be fun seeing what everyone comes up with on this.

This morning we had a client come in for a Corporate Video job. he wanted a title shot of a guy using his PDA and sending data back to a central database. Well the hole time I was thinking of that data pouring out and ripping appart his flesh . not very charming Im sure.

Anyway Ill see what I can do over the coming weekend.
Cam

Cogliostros
01-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Hahah, thats great, the sign of an artist with passion! when your ideas bleed into life like that... :cool:

anyway... welcome.

johs
01-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Chico
the hole time I was thinking of that data pouring out and ripping appart his flesh

he he, thats the same way I feel when we have networking classes at school. ;)

Chico
01-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome's guys ;) What worries me when that damn line between realilty and fantasy get real blurred :D

Got the DVD out last night and had a quick look and got an idea of what it is im to recreate. Like I said I'll ponder this weekend over what exactly im going to do for a story etc.

I couldnt however resist the urge to try and make a sample texture :D I had lotsa fun too. I have an animation churning out right now but heres a still for the moment.
http://www.oneglasseye.co.nz/uploads/JanWIP/JanWIP_01-Skin.jpg
Any points for the biggest Material tree.?

Ill post an animation later or after the weekend.
Cam

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.