PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Abu Simbel temple

naria
08-08-2006, 04:22 AM
How would you go about starting off the modeling process with this temple? Polys or Mesh? Or even NURBS?

I have included a reference picture, I have more, but I didn't want to put them all here and create a 2000 foot post :rolleyes:. Any tips and techniques are welcomed.

Thank you

http://galeria.organic.hu/2002_08/minimundus/165%20Abu%20Simbel.jpg

tide78
08-08-2006, 06:07 AM
That's a good one man, If I were to go about it and I had plenty of reference, I would match up the camera on a couple of shots that I think have enough info to get me to the proper scale, then I would work from there, using my other photos as reference. I like to work with polys personally, and would feel comfortable doing it in polys, but each unto his own for modelling technique. The best advice I can give you is to just play around and go with what feels natural to you. Good luck man.

-Z

shadowedge
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Sound advice there from tide :)

In addition tho, after your image has been "rotoscoped" into your vviewport,
what I would do is use a grid / plane (polygonmesh) then subdivide into segments that'll follow the shape of the mountain(?) then extrude inward. And I'd model the statues separately.

good luck on your work!

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.