PDA

View Full Version : Vue Crashes on Scene load.

anevsky
08-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Can't open previously saved vue files (or scenes) that have terrain with image controlling it.

I just get kicked out to desktop without a single message before or after.

Is there a special way i need to save \ arrange my bitmap files or what?

mwalter1
08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Did the original bitmap file get deleted? I would think Vue saves the bitmap with the vue file though. Maybe as a test, create a simple scene with a terrain using a bitmap. Save the file and exit. Now try to open the file again. If you can, delete the bitmap and see if the file still opens.

It may be that your other files have been corrupted somehow. Maybe try to have someone else try to open the files if they are not too large (I know my files can be!). Try the offical support forum at http://www.e-onsoftware.com

Peggy

anevsky
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks - actually there is a checkbox for "include texture maps" (approx wording) - when you save a vue scene. When I check that checkbox everything works fine... didnt have time to consider what it does to the file size - I will try to gather more info on this.

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.