PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Channel Problems...

ApocX
03-15-2002, 03:29 AM
I'm trying to get a fern to render correctly...I've made a 32bit TGA complete with an alpha channel and uv mapped it to some geometry. If I render, I get the fern with a white background (but the tga has a black background). If I add the fern UV to the transparency channel and crank it up to 100% it looks alright, but the fern itself is semi translucent (and I'm positive the alpha for it is solid white).

I thought LW was supposed to recognize alphas in tga files, so we wouldn't have to go throughclip maps / trans map etc...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

bubba
03-15-2002, 05:11 AM
I think I've had the same problem myself, and my solution was to separate the alpha and rgb into the usual two images and use it the regular way :( I did this using PNG picts, but with the same problem.

Using LW7b

Edvin

ApocX
03-15-2002, 05:29 AM
hmm...well, funny thing is, I seem to have it working on most of my other trees. It's just the one fern. Possibly because it's low res and the alpha has a bit of AA on it...willplay around some more and see if I can find a solution. Using LW7b as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.