PDA

View Full Version : Renderama

A.C. Farley
08-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi,

Is anyone having trouble rendering animations with Renderama? It's dropping frames with regularity. It does it many times in every animation I render using Renderama. Anyone know how to make it behave?

Thanks,
Craig

gdogfunk
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
How many procs are running? How many remote slaves? In the render dialog, what is your "Nth frame" set to? Should be set to 1. Do you have all shaders and sockets in the slaves? I render cross-platform all the time on many machines and almost never have any issues...let me know if you still problems.

Good Luck

Ryan

A.C. Farley
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi Ryan,

All the sockets and shaders are copied to each slave. I have 4 Slaves, 4 processors, Nth frame is set to one but the 'Enable Nth frame' checkbox isn't checked. I'll check it and try again.

Thanks!

A.C. Farley
08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Oops! No, Nth frame didn't make any difference. It's still dropping frames. Thanks all the same!

gdogfunk
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Hmmm, I don't have the enable Nth frame checked. I set my range using the time sliders, set my FPS to NTSC 30, Render set to ALL frames...in the network tab, I have 'enable network rendering' checked and I set the job name...frame strip total set to 1.

Is it dropping every other frame or a specific number? Are you sure all slaves are the same version of camera, etc?

Are all of your slaves using different port numbers?

That's about all I can think of for now...see if your settings are any different.

Ryan

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.