PDA

View Full Version : Ecosystem on the inside of a hollowed out sphere

BoBoZoBo
08-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I have a huge sphere hollowed out and the camera is placed in the sphere.

I want to know if there is a way to apply an ecosystem on the INDSIDE of the sphere?

rhodar
08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey i triied it out, i could only apply an ecosystem to the top half of the interior of the sphere :/ Not sure how you would populate the whole thing. Ill keep trying to work it out

Wabe
08-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, Ecosystem is a sort of projection from the z axis down. So it is obvious that you can only populate the upper parts.

What you must do is to cut your sphere into halfs rotate the half that the inner points upwards and then populate this.

If you want to populate a whole sphere you can do it like this. Populate the sphere (upper half), duplicate this sphere with ecosystem on it and rotate the duplicate one by 180 degrees. You will see the full sphere populated. As long as you do not populate again of course. If you do that you have to rotate the second sphere again.

BoBoZoBo
08-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah.. tried that after i posted and found the same thing in regard to half of the shpere.

Thanks for te tip on projection to explain it!!

Considering my shot 1/2 should be fine... for now. Iam sure a shot will come up that will make it more complicated.. then ill use the 1/2 + 1/2 solution.. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2006, 09:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.