PDA

View Full Version : Sholders ???

morphius-ms
08-06-2006, 02:16 PM
ok I've been wondering this for a long time but finally had a chance to ask it.... It's about sholders, I have seen two different versions for sholders. One of which is the sholders that go across from the trunk and down from the freshly created sholders which is like in the first picture. The second is where it goes the trunk starts off as a square and then the arms are just created straight from the trunk to the hand without changing faces (to extrude from) which is like in the second picture.

I've always been using the second method (basically because I was creating my meshes in the T pose (or as I have heard it from someone else the "Christ pose") and just started doing it in the not so extreme "Up arrow" pose.

I was wondering which would be best to animate from (since I would really like to go into modeling for animations (one). (and two) I would like to know which one creates the best results. I kinda understand the use for both but I would really like to know. If someone could help me out on this that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: oops forgot the images, as a side note these images are not from me they are just used to illustrate my point they are both from the hardcore modeling thread.

Arcanox
08-07-2006, 01:03 AM
The first method is what I would consider generally more correct. However this rule goes both ways and I've seen plenty of meshes that deform nicely that feature something more along the lines of the 2nd method.

Going with the first shoulder is what I would recommend mainly because it represents the masses of the shoulder area better in a dynamic range of poses.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2006, 01:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.