PDA

View Full Version : European head.[WIP]

fastfinger
12-29-2001, 11:06 AM
this is my 2nd serious head modeling.
it`s half-finished.
done with LW.
this guy is an european.
and I`m korean.Because I dont see western people often.
making foreigner was interesting to me. :D
http://myhome.netsgo.com/dr2amw/2ndhead.JPG

InnerVortex
12-29-2001, 12:05 PM
whata BIGGGGGGG nose
the all face is really good.. but.. it just have a little bit of tom much nose on it.. and the ear looks a kit wierd in the joint, the joint area looks too large .. but steel a good model

Joebount
12-29-2001, 12:40 PM
The nose is far too big, the mouth too wide and the eyes too deep into the skull. It's look more like an african people than an european one. Nevertheless, nice modelling especially for the ear.

marioucci
12-29-2001, 03:02 PM
the ear and the eyes are outstanding!!!
but the nose could be smaller:)
congrats

Firebat_2000
12-29-2001, 03:19 PM
wow, looks very neat.. but yeah, try to get that nose smaller..
also the neck seems very thin and weak to me.
also the upper end of the ear joint should be a bit lower, check your own ;)
ps.that kinda flat eyebrow area and the thin weak neck make it look somewhat feminine, but the other features make it look male i think...it's a bit weird id say
nevertheless great model

Anthony
12-29-2001, 04:51 PM
Hey it's a young Liam Neisan(sp?)! Nice work, he does look kinda Euro(weak chin, big nose...you know which country I'm talking about ;] ). Sorry, just being an ass. Nice work!

houshi
12-29-2001, 05:27 PM
i like it....... i'v met many europeans wit big noses before, well.... maybe not THAT big but still iv seen too many small noses in 3d

the eyes look cool, just not very human looking wit it grey, maybe better when u put in some color... keep up the good work

Khar_Negt
12-29-2001, 07:02 PM
Hey, I'm european and I don't have such a big nose. No one in my family nor my friend have such a nose too ;)
Great start though... Really good ear :)

fastfinger
12-29-2001, 11:36 PM
Thanks. Everybody.
I must have exaggerated the nose too much. :D

I didnt work on the neck yet.
ah......I think I must make the lips a little smaller.

Thanks.
Won-seok. :)

JacquesD
12-30-2001, 08:51 AM
I don't know how long we've been working on it and if it's your first head model but I would suggest that you take a look at http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~camen/thehumanhead/.

It's a good start but I really thing that you should observe people face a bit more.

I don't question other artists comments but I think it's doesn't help other artists telling them that their works are great if they still have a lot of mistake.

Now don't take it personal, it's just that I saw too many artworks here that looked really bad and comments were not appropriate.

Personally, I prefer to take a big slap and say to myself, ok I've got a problem with my modeling, lighting, texturing..., I'm going to work it out and find a solution for it to look better. ;)

fastfinger
12-30-2001, 11:42 AM
Yeah. Ripper you`re right.
That`s the only way to improve.
I worked on it for 8 hours. that`s really rough.
now I`m reading some movie magazine to observe the western people face.
Research!! that`s what I like. :D
the model is a little bit exaggerated. That was my intention.
This is my secone "step" to modeling the human head.
I`m a like child in this world. so there are so many things to learn

Martin-K-
12-30-2001, 04:44 PM
hey cool. 2nd head. told you the second time around it wouldnt take a month to get a head done :)

keep up the good work mate.

LFShade
12-31-2001, 05:04 AM
Indeed, The Ripper, criticism is a good thing. Even better when it's truly constructive!

To that end, I'd like to point out that it's not so much the overall size of the nose that detracts from the model. It's rather the size of the nostril area. Slim those down a bit! As it is, the cartiledge of the nostril looks really swollen -- like the inside of the nostril is normal in size, but the nostril wall is super-thick. It's wierd looking. Just needs a bit more sculpting, and judging by the quality of the rest of the head I'd say you'll get that nose looking good eventually.

I really like what you've done with the ear -- realistic, but sort of stylized. I'd even say "circularized" (how d'ya like my new word:D). It really fits the head well.

Good job! (But not too good, lest The Ripper think I'm cutting you too much slack;))

goodlag
12-31-2001, 05:32 AM
good head model :)

me too korean

Man Na Ser Bang Ga Wa Yo :)

만나서 방가와요^^
:p

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.