PDA

View Full Version : May-lea's thread of WIPs

May-lea
08-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Hello everybody!
I've been stalking the DSF for a few weeks now, but I also draw for personal projects or contests, and I know I'd totally benefit from people's crits and comments.

So my first WIP I'll show you was to be an entry for the Blizzard Art contest 2006 until they posted the contest rules where I figured my character ought to be standing and without any background. So it'll just become a piece of fan art.
It's a Night Elf (from the Warcraft universe, and more specifically World of warcraft) hunter tracking some rogue with his pet wolf, at moonlight, in Azshara. The first one is the rough sketch with colours already, and the second one a more advanced version.

I plan to give the elf some clothes, but I usually paint the bodies under the clothes so it looks more natural. I've changed the position of the arm between the first and second version because it looked a bit awkward...

Well now feel free to fire crits and comments at me :)

Iridyse
08-05-2006, 06:26 PM
So nice to see you here May-lea! It's a little early to comment. Just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to your posts :)

May-lea
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for dropping by, Shreya :)

I drew a little more, made the outline of the elf's hair, roughly shaded the wolf, fixed a few little details (moved the elf's back foot backwards to try and keep some perspective), and I also hid the layer with the background's outline

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.