PDA

View Full Version : Our two newest moderators

lildragon
01-22-2003, 06:37 PM
Welcome our two new moderators to the CGTalk Animation Master forum. Both are eggheads I'm quite sure you're familiar with ;) William Eggington & Brian Princegive them a hand whoo hooo yaaahh! :applause:

Obey and else :shame:

Heh I kid, I kid enjoy :D

salud

Dearmad
01-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Good to see two stalwarts will be involved in this forum.:applause:

BlueCougar
01-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Good to see some people with tolerance moderating a forum on A:M! I've moved on to LW but I know the knowledge the 2 of you hold about A:M with benefit alot of people.:thumbsup:

My Fault
01-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Excellent choices, but does that mean it is now Balistics job to put a lens flare in every image posted to this forum :beer:

giantkiller
01-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Are you sure they're not spies?:curious:

Hookflash
01-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Good to see two rabid Hash-haters moderating the Hash Animation:Master forum;). That means we'll get to bash A:M all we want, right? Woohoo!

no0ne
01-23-2003, 01:10 PM
looks like cgtalk is nothing but an all-star forum :applause:

how come that i feel so small? (;

no seriously, your orc hast been my first a:m-starting-mascot
& since then my spine hurts from...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

balistic
01-23-2003, 04:57 PM
For the record, neither of us hate A:M . . . in fact we both love the software . . . or rather, the idea of the software. It proved to not be cut out for some of our professional projects, but it's what we both learned on, so there's still a certain amount of respect there.

It took me quite a few years before I started bumping my head on its limitations, so A:M is far from worthless . . . it's just not all it could be.

The main thing that becoming software agnostic has taught Eggington Productions is that tools aren't worth emotional attachment . . . if a particular tool isn't doing what you want it to, use a different one. It shouldn't be like changing your religion.

It's just software, and almost all of it sucks in one area or another. It's just a matter of finding one that sucks in an area that's not important for the job you're doing.

My Fault
01-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Testify Brother Balistic! :p

I think when one is a hobbyist, as most of us here are, it's amazing how easy it is to become emotinally attached to our chosen app. Strange but true. One needs only read any "Which 3d Software is Best?" topic to see just how fanatical people can become. I would guess when it comes down to your livelihood does that break become easier to except.

Wegg
01-23-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by balistic
It's just software, and almost all of it sucks in one area or another. It's just a matter of finding one that sucks in an area that's not important for the job you're doing.

Well said. Animation Master's elegance in workflow, its price, and its ease of use cannot be denied. It is a crying shame that it couldn't go all the way. :-/

giantkiller
01-23-2003, 05:44 PM
I see now that balistic is not a spy, but he should be worshipped...:bowdown:
I really appreciate CGTalk at this point in my fledgling 3D carreer. I'm still looking for a 3D app to adopt me, but I feel really encouraged by what I've read on the thread.:love:
Keep the love coming!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.