PDA

View Full Version : Config files

DonAVP
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I got a question about the config files. Did a search on the forum but did not find anything specific. More specifically the default location that these files are save. I am running LW 9 and LW 8.5 (just for the time being). I would like the config files to be save in specific locations and different from each other. Currently both versions are saved (PC) in my default Documents and Settings folder. I have additional menu and keyboard shortcut config files in an other area. Just want to get more organized and not forget were all this stuff is hidden at.

Thanks
Don

plotz
08-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't know how different it is on the PC, but on the Mac you can open up the "cmdline" files for modeler, layout, hub, and LSWN in a text editor and put a custom path to save your config files to.

the syntax on Mac is:

-p "filepath" -c "filepath"

Where "filepath" is the location where you want to save the configs. Keep the quotes around the filepath name.

The-G-Man
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I set up a box as a Linux fileserver running Samba. This allows me to get over the 10-machine networking limit of Windows XP Pro.

The XP Pro boxes I use to pull up LightWave from the fileserver use the shortcut:

Y:\LW9\LightWave_3D_9\Programs\lightwav.exe -cY:\LW9\Config

My config files are housed in Y:\LW9\Config directory.

I have a similar setup for LightWave 8.x

I just transfer my USB dongle between boxes as required.

If you do try/use Linux, just remember to use underscores instead of spaces as Linux doesn't like 'em.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2006, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.