PDA

View Full Version : texture reloading

MSB
08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
hi :)

whenever i try to re-load (throw a script or manually)a texture that has been updated MR will use the old version (even if i made a new file texture node or made a MR texturing Node graph) the only solution is to make a new name for the texture or throw it in a new directory ,that's sometimes OK,but ,well, sometimes i don't want to do that specially when i test, maybe if i deleted my prefences ,but it works fine if i restarted maya.(and if it will work ,does,anyone how to keep my stuff from the old pref)forgot to mention,i'm using MAYA 7.01

the extensionts i used are

bmp and tga

thanks in advance.

ZippZopp
08-04-2006, 09:15 PM
same happens to me with tiff files. by the end of the day i have 20 iterations of textures becaause i have to keep saving with a new name...kind of annoying

leigh
08-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I often have issues where Maya starts referencing textures from the Data folder, instead of the sourceimages folder. This can be very annoying because I'll be updating the one in the sourceimages folder constantly, yet not seeing any change when I reload the texture. Invariably I'll notice that for some reason Maya has been looking in the Data folder. The particularly annoying thing about this is that even if you change this manually in the project settings, it still reverts back when you reload the scene.

I have yet to find a proper solution to this problem. It seems to happen a lot when saving the files as .ma.

starsoul
08-05-2006, 02:30 AM
How about quitting maya and reloading the scene?

MSB
08-05-2006, 06:45 AM
thanks ZippZopp and Leigh.

starsoul: re-starting maya as often as i update my textures is ,well,annoying i'm mean ALOT.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2006, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.