PDA

View Full Version : Set preferred preset?

Undseth
08-04-2006, 12:10 PM
What is the purpose of this menu choice which is seen in the "render settings" windows in maya?

I thought i could i save a preset for the mental-ray-tab and make this preset a "preferred" one, to get the render settings to automatically adjust to this from default when i open the render settings for the first time.

Every time i open the render settings for the first time on a new project, the mr tab is always shown with the default settings.

Must i go in and change a script to make mental ray automatically open up with my preferred settings?

cpan
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
did some mel searches and it seems Alias didn't update the InitialiseNewScene.mel mel file after they did the unifiedRenderGlobals. The set preffered preset only works for Maya Software now, but i'll mess a bit to see if i can get it for mentalray aswell :)

Undseth
08-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Im not a pro but i want to say it would be nice to see this preset thingy work. :)

Thanks for taking the time to look at this Yashu .

cpan
08-07-2006, 08:02 AM
hi undesth,
sorry for this delayed post, my network went down this weekend :shrug:

but here's the fix, as i promissed :)
i got it work with all the renderers maya has, not only mr/software render :)

cpan

Undseth
08-07-2006, 04:48 PM
This works nicely. :)

The common tab in the render settings does not respond to the presets and that ok, but i was thinking that i could perhaps turn off the default "enable default light" in the common tab by editing a MEL file, would this be possible?

cpan
08-07-2006, 05:34 PM
for now, paste this code into the the ya_initPrefferedPreset.mel file, it should work ok.
later i'll look to see if i can get the whole common tab be saved among with the presets aswell, when using mentalray :)

global proc ya_initPrefferedPreset()
{
if (`currentRenderer` == "mentalRay")
{
miCreateDefaultNodes;
setAttr "defaultRenderGlobals.enableDefaultLight" 0;
}

string $grNodes[] = `renderer -q -globalsNodes (currentRenderer())`;

for ($ya_Node in $grNodes)
if (`optionVar -exists ($ya_Node + "PreferredPreset")`)
{
string $pref = `optionVar -q ($ya_Node + "PreferredPreset")`;
if (`nodePreset -exists $ya_Node $pref`)
{
nodePreset -load $ya_Node $pref;
}
else
{
warning("Loading of preferred render globals presets failed.");
warning("You may want to choose your preferred render "
+ "globals preset again.");
optionVar -remove ($ya_Node + "PreferredPreset");
}
}
}

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2006, 05:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.