PDA

View Full Version : MB7 PLE tutorial problem.

Kaostick
08-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey everyone, I started playing with MB today, and what an awesome app! Unfortuantly, as I was going through the tutorials, I ran into a speedbump that has brought me to a screeching hault. This happened towards the beginning of the "Retargeting Character Animation" tutorial.

As the tutorial said, I dragged the "mia_FK_runstopturn" file from the Asset Browser, and dropped it in my Viewer. The tutorial says, "select FBX Open > All takes from the contextual menu that appears." However, the only choices I had were "<No Animation>, Take 001, and Options..." Not that big of a deal I think, I just went with Take 001 as that dropped an animated Mia with her servo in my scene. She even runs to the camera, stops, and turns around.

Next part of the tutorial, step one. "In the Character Controls window, select Save Character Animation from the File menu." I can't. My file menu is greyed out, and I can't click on it. I also loaded up the little dancer character, and the File menu for him is grey as well. Is this a limitation of the Personal Learning Edition? Not being able to save or load animation? Or is it a bug? Or (and this is probabally the case :blush: ) is this normal, and my total lack of MotionBuilder knowlege is preventing me from clicking the file button?

Favian001
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
the problem is the way the "updated version" works. I think, not too sure i can remember fully, that in previous versions you could save out animations. I used the PLE back in March/April and you were able to save out animations but not export to any outside applications. might be a bug like you said. BTW i saw your post on the Alias website as well.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.