PDA

View Full Version : upgrading video footage, (interpolation)

DaveWortley
08-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I've got some mpeg footage from a cheapy digi cam, and i've got DV video, both edited into the same movie,

is there any way to interpolate the low res 320x280 footage into something that will look good(ish) at DV size?

graymachine
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
I've got some mpeg footage from a cheapy digi cam, and i've got DV video, both edited into the same movie,

is there any way to interpolate the low res 320x280 footage into something that will look good(ish) at DV size?

Free?

Maybe size it up and try Sharpen or Unsharp Mask.

Not free? Try:

http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?toolfarm+F3zHsg+dianre20.html

Kraa
08-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Have you checked the frame rate, usually smaller resolutions with cheapy digicams are something like 15fps. You might want to correct this also. Twixtor may help with this.

beenyweenies
08-04-2006, 02:24 AM

Scaling a 2000x2000 image up to 4000x4000 isn't so bad, because there are so many pixels available. Scaling from 320x240 to NTSC is painful at best, regardless of the hype that software vendors use to peddle their wares. Software can't create pixels where there were none without guessing what the result should look like, and even using advanced algorythms scaling a small video like that won't turn out so hot...

That said, maybe try the plugin referenced above, or try Photozoom pro (http://www.benvista.com/main/content/content.php?page=ourproducts) (not free). I've heard of people getting good results going from SD to HD with this software.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2006, 02:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.