PDA

View Full Version : MR Shader XYZ Object Position Offset for Deriver

kutsche
08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi,

Now after three weeks of experimenting I'm really perplexed about the following:

I like to make a Anisotrophic Shading with the Help of the Deriver Shader. It behaves perfectly as long the Object is on World Coordinate 0,0,0. Everthing is really perfect!
With the mode 2 (North position) and the XYZ Coordinate (3dsmax) Shader attached for the North Position it goes perfectly! If I turn my Object around the Anisotrophy works fine with the mib_ward_illum_deriv shader! The Derivatives are so perfect that I could use it for the mib_reflection_glossy shader,too! Itīs all that I want. Except:

if i move the object out of the 0,0,0 world coordinates the Anisotrophy doesnīt work anymore. Even this problem I have solved partly! If I take the new coordinates of my Object in World (F12) and type it manually in the Offset section of my XYZ Coordinate - The Anisotrophy works perfectly again!!!

Now hereīs the question: With what shader could I set this Offset Vector so that it reads the position of the Object in the world automatically? This is incredible!

It would be so easy if there would be a shader that just returns the current Object Position/Vector in the World!!! Every try to get this Coordinate with the XYZ Coordinate itself failed.

Is here anyone that could help me with that mindboggeling frustrating problem? Iīm so close to real Anisotrophic Reflections!!!

kutsche
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Is there really no shader that could do this simple job? Or am I just to blind to get it out of the basic shaders?

I read about JS_Incidence that probably could do this, but thereīs no mi implementation for Max.

-Vormav- said that he would have eventually some shaders, but I counīt find them yet!

Dashkevicz
08-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Try mode 1, then set the "north_dir" to 1 in the z axis. this corrects the behavior for me. :)

kutsche
08-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Thank you. In mode 1 with a 1 in the Z axis it works fine with movement. But then the roation dosnīt work! The nordirection is so not bounded to the rotation of the object!

I try that with the mib_illum_ward_deriv shader and a simple sphere. Shiny U=10 Shiny V=2

It have to point in a direction that is right above the Z Axis of the object. In mode 2 this does work if the object is on 0,0,0 and the northposition is set to 0,0,0, even with rotation of the object. The only failure is that it doesnīt move with the object! This I can easily solve with manual typing in the current object coordinates!

What I need is a Vector to Coordinate Shader for MR Max.

Dashkevicz
08-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Try mode 2 with a HUGE number in the z,maybe that will work?

kutsche
08-05-2006, 12:17 AM
This was my first thoug, too. But this jsut make the same effect like in mode 1 with Z=1! If i Set the Z in Mode 2 of 1000 it results that the rotation doesnt work anymore. The Rotation simply does not go with the object!

All things seem just to work in Mode 2 with Coordinates that represent the Current Object Position in World Coordinates. I would just need such a shader that could read them.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2006, 12:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.