PDA

View Full Version : Slow rendering?

almux
08-03-2006, 08:44 AM
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewstory.php?t=80640

Here's something to get for render farms and even middle ranged 3D studios!
(smaller studios will have to gather cash before even dreaming getting one!)

mlanser
08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
that's far out. Yesterday i was on the alienware site and configured a workstation with everything that was available for fun and got ~11k $.
But this one here is out of control!

almux
08-03-2006, 02:48 PM
that's far out. Yesterday i was on the alienware site and configured a workstation with everything that was available for fun and got ~11k $.
But this one here is out of control!
Few years ago it would have taken two buildings to gather the much needed calculator. So, in a way, 17'000$ is much cheaper than a house! ;))
Taken anyways around, the possibilities for a single creator to get real great tools are tremendously marching towards fabulous open skyways!!!

Kaostick
08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=388440

Still on the front page too..

jewalker
08-03-2006, 05:40 PM
This looks perfect for tiled displays and immersive environments. I was doing research on software systems to distribute the rendering tasks to let's say 20 tiles of a display wall. This required 20 computers each with it's own graphics card to drive the 20 projectors. If you could have 20 graphics cards attached to a single computer, this would save a lot of the distribution and synchronization problems.

almux
10-06-2006, 08:56 AM
This looks perfect for tiled displays and immersive environments. I was doing research on software systems to distribute the rendering tasks to let's say 20 tiles of a display wall. This required 20 computers each with it's own graphics card to drive the 20 projectors. If you could have 20 graphics cards attached to a single computer, this would save a lot of the distribution and synchronization problems.
OhOoh! Do you mean that if I'll plug 4 GCs in the Mac Pro's expansion slots I could tile the screen into 4 parts...? Or am I total wrong?
As is, I could just hang 4 screens... it would probably need some "tiling application" or some "utility" otherwise... I wonder what those monitors use for the multicamera surveillance services?

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2006, 08:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.