PDA

View Full Version : Monastery

Komutator
08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone,

First post here, a monastery in destruction...or it could be another building of this sort, this is just a fooling around, playing with the pen. It may take a while to my next 'complete' digital work, so I figured to post here this one for some feedback; Thank you.

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/238637/238637_1154472619_submedium.jpg

eilidh
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
This looks definitely promising, although the images are too small to show much at this point. Are these two different versions or two different stages? I prefer the second in terms of colour and feel, but it's a little too blurry overall; some sharper areas would be an improvement.

Komutator
08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
well, as stated, this is pretty much a test rather than a painting with a goal; I am trying to achieve some diferent moods or ideas from the same starting point. I plan on adding a railway where the river is with a motorcar moving towards the viewer in full speed; I have to also rescale (larger) the painting and redo some details; sharpening and cleaning up certain interest points should occur within the final steps.

and yes, they are both versions, I always keep versions and move the work in diferent directions; that prevents me from working with huge and layer intensive files, my computer specs are not that high to be able to handle that;

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.