PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues in the v10 BETA 9

Commiekeebler
01-22-2003, 06:50 AM
This is also for those who, like me, didn't upgrade to version 10. Known issues in version 10 Beta 9 (the last beta before new year's let down).

Bug:
Sound doesn't play, or plays poorly with garbled noise or clicking.

Workaround:
Render animation as a Targa sequence (i.e. bug0000.tga, bug0001.tga, bug0002.tga, etc) then import it as a targa sequence in v.9.51e and run that through a choreography as a camera rotoscope, with sounds also imported and set to play on cue. Render as a .mov or as an .avi file to get good sound.

Bug:
Glow of an object in camera's field of view shines through the camera rotoscope even though the rotoscope is set to be in front of the scene and is 0% transparent.

Workaround: have a black rectangle (a single 4 point patch) cover the glowing object. The black rectangle should be keyed to disappear or move when your camera rotoscope fades, slides, or otherwise gets out of the way. This can be tricky for rotoscopes with alpha channels, but still doable.

Bug:
Raytraced shadows cast through a colored, semi-transparent decal, render out as an abstract mess, for the lack of a better word, instead of the colored outline of the semi-transparent area. (think of it as a movie projector that shows a bloody mess on the white screen instead of the motion picture - how'd you like that at the premiere of Lord Of The Rings?).

Workaround: move the object with the decals (the movie projector) slightly before the first shot of the animation. It doesn't even have to be the same choreography. It could be in another choreography. Just import that object, keyframe it moving from point A to B, render one frame, then go back to your real choreography, and it will render out just fine. I have NO IDEA why this works.

gra4mac
01-22-2003, 05:11 PM
I'm still using v10b6. I find it more stable that 9.5, but stitching only works 1/2 time. When it works it's great, but often deletes the CP I'm stitching to and jumps to the next one. I also find the decals get turned off on some models regularly. Were these solved by v10b9? I use a Mac and os 9.2.2

If v10b7,8,9 are better than 10b6, where can I get them?

Cheers, Graham

Natess44
01-23-2003, 06:53 AM
Well it won't do you much good now. Version 10beta's and alpha's don't work anymore unless you keep setting the dates back a day or more.

Natess44
01-23-2003, 06:57 AM
Oh I forgot to mention, you have to unistall AM v10 and delete all it's registry entries then reinstall it too.

gra4mac
01-23-2003, 07:03 AM
I am still using v 10b6. I trashed the prefference file a while back when it told me it had expired and has been fine since.

Cheers, Graham

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.