PDA

View Full Version : Free rig for Maya 7 - Ollie

williampetruccelli
08-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Jugglers animation team has created Ollie, a full character rig ready to be animated and free to download.

Main features of the rig are:
- Stretchy limbs, from neck to fingertips all the way down to toes. Stretchiness can be turned on and off on the fly.
- IK/FK controls for arms, legs, spine and fingers!
- Every limb can be aligned and constrained to top parent joints. Up to 5 parenting options.
- Full facial muscle-based animation controls
- Advanced character picker with tabs for every body part, pose libraries and multiple utility buttons. Two facial GUI’s included.
- Solid and stable architecture based on Maya utility nodes. Fast playback in viewports.

You can download it at www.jugglersanimation.com (http://www.jugglersanimation.com)

Hope you enjoy it...

madheavy
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
DAMN! I'm Jealous! Why aren't there more cool rigs like this for XSI??
Nice!

lifire
09-04-2006, 05:25 AM
I took at a look at your rig and found a feature I've been trying to do myself. I was wondering first of all how you did the pole vector-less knees. I use the cgtoolkit method. Is this similar? I'd like to know how you made the knee either follow the foot or stay. The most common complaint I've had about this setup is the inability to rotate the foot and knee individually without counter-animating, so this solves it all.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2006, 05:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.