PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with e-on software?

skylash
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
I ordered Vue 5 Infinite and when I called to check on my order status, I got a message saying that the line was no longer in service. I tried several times. Then I go to email them but they don't accept emails (!), so I try to post a question to them in tech support and I get a reply saying I am dialing the wrong number, but they don't give me a "right" number.
Is this company legit or is it some kind of rip off or what?

shirak23
08-08-2006, 07:09 AM
no, no, they're legit, don't worry about that; their customer services f***in sucks, though. Good luck.

skylash
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
no, no, they're legit, don't worry about that; their customer services f***in sucks, though. Good luck.

I actually just got the product today. It took them a week just to send it, then even though I paid for 2-day shipping, it took longer. Now that I have it, I certainly do not want to accuse them of being dishonest. It's just annoyng that it was so difficult to communicate with them. I needed this software right away and they couldnt do it.
Oh well, life goes on. I hope they improve customer service. BTW, thank you for your response. For a while there, I thought I was getting ripped off.

Kevin Sanderson
08-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I actually just got the product today. It took them a week just to send it, then even though I paid for 2-day shipping, it took longer. Now that I have it, I certainly do not want to accuse them of being dishonest. It's just annoyng that it was so difficult to communicate with them. I needed this software right away and they couldnt do it.
Oh well, life goes on. I hope they improve customer service. BTW, thank you for your response. For a while there, I thought I was getting ripped off.

I don't know if it has changed over the past couple years (it could have)...but last I heard the US office was only a couple people (one of whom became seriously ill during product shipment last year...holding up delivery for everyone). I believe the main core of the business is in France. I could be wrong, but that's what's been sticking in my mind. I do know that credit card orders are processed in France because last time I ordered...my bank wouldn't approve it until I called them since it was an international order.

So that might play into the customer service issues some like you mention. I've never had any problems with them except for the shipping delay due to the illness of the person doing the shipping.

Kevin

mwalter1
08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Plus a lot of them were at Siggraph, so that probably held them up too... Glad to hear you got the software though.

skylash
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Plus a lot of them were at Siggraph, so that probably held them up too... Glad to hear you got the software though.

Yeah, it had actually crossed my mind that maybe something had gone wrong on their end. Of course I want to be fair and give them the benefit of the doubt. I just got worried when I called and it gave me a message saying the number was no longer in service. Everything seems OK now, and also I appreciate everybody's responses.

Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.