PDA

View Full Version : Try to make Animation

haideralis
08-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi i m ali i have try to make animation www.4dee.net/haider123 (http://www.4dee.net/haider123)
any comments or critics u can send me or reply me

mimo8
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
aou have a lot of different characters and scenes in there, but I am sorry to say little progress. All of your animation misses WEIGHT. The characters look like they are floating, drifting on ice ...

I think your animations are a good starting point, but you have to be more patient, stick to one scene and work it over and over again.
all your scenes are ok for a first pass, but they would need at least 5 more passes to get some life in it.

so try to stick to one figure and one clear scene and keep refining it more and more

check out keith langos tutorials (http://www.keithlango.com/) to dig deeper

Shreds
08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I agree with Martin. One other thing is that it looks like you totally stole a personality walk idea from Peter Starostin. The one with the guy waving then walking fowards with open arms and finally waving with the other arm.(the one you have at around 58 seconds) That's not just a walk that everyone does as a test, like the double-bounce, depressed or vanilla walk. That's something that he thought through and completely planned out. I've seen his video reference and other planning for it and continued to watch it progress while he was at Animation Mentor. I know he put in a lot of time and worked very hard on it. So I would strongly advise you or anyone from trying to pull animation ideas from anyone else's animation. Re-animating animation is pretty bad news. We want to see new and fresh takes on different things rather than an attempt at recreating something that has already been done.

Animation is pretty difficult to learn and takes time to execute so just keep working at it. Like Martin said, you usually have to go through a fair amount of passes to get a level of quality that creates believable movement showing weight and force. Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.