PDA

View Full Version : IMG and Quicktime

manuel
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Until recently, I had .IMG files set to open in Quicktime player by default on my mac. But lately it refuses to do it. I can still set individual IMG-files to default to the Quicktime player. I have tried all the things that you're supposed to do, but to no avail. Could it be that one of the latest security upgrades of OSX prevents you from doing this? Has anybody else noticed this?

arketype
08-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Doesn't seem to work on my G5 with 10.4.7...

I usually just drag and drop .img's onto the application I want to open in,
Usually Photohop or Quicktime Player, it's fast and I can controll what app at the time of opening.

halfworld
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeap, doesn't work on my home mac. I assumed it was a problem with OSX.....

It works fine on my work Mac, so it's a quirk I guess.
Ian

manuel
08-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Well, it did work until recently. But I think that around 10.4.7, they added a security enhancement for LaunchServices, which is the bit that associates files with applications. There was at a certain point a bit of a security scare where one file would pose as another I seem to remember.
Either way, it's good to see that I'm not the only one. I thought I was going mad.

halfworld
08-02-2006, 10:16 AM
That makes sense.

My work mac is running 10.4.4 (works) and my home mac is running 10.4.6 (doesn't work).

Ian

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2006, 10:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.