PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Constraint

Slurry
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi All,

Does anybody here have experience using the Mapping Constraint in Motionbuilder 7?

I have some Mocap of a person throwing a prop (the prop has optical markers on it).
But the scale from my Actor is different than my model. So I want to get the prop animation onto the smaller model prop.
It looks like the Mapping Constraint is perfectly tailored for this but I can't get it to work without zeroing out the offset.
In which case the smaller prop moves the same distance as the larger optical data. I need the distance the prop moves to be relative in size to the character.

Has anybody out there got the Mapping Constraint to work correctly?

Art

Slurry
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok, it looks as though the reason why the constraint wasn't working was because the offset between the parent/child of both the source and the constrained objects were both zero.

By changing the starting distance between parent and child, the reference and source have a relationship to calculate the relative animation.

Thanks!

Art

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.