PDA

View Full Version : help : XSI trial crashes on startup ?

Nemoid
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
This morning winzoz crashed i dunno exactly why, and now at startup XSI tries to recover a supposedly saved scene. it says i have to restart it to restore things, but everytime tells the same thing. i've tried to clear XSI temp file but nothing changes. ??
what could i do to fix this?
:shrug:

sblair
08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Try running Application\bin\runonce.bat

Dionicio
08-02-2006, 02:41 AM
Whenever XSI crashes on me and I restart it, I'm asked whether or not I even want to attempt to recover the project, it doesn't automatically recover it without asking my permission.

Does it give you the same option? I'd just select "no."

Nemoid
08-02-2006, 08:26 AM
the first time it didn't asked this, but other times i restart it asks me.
I hit NO, then it continues startup a bit, then says : successfully saved scene before system failure restart the application to recover the scene. I hit ok,(even because i have no other choice) before quitting another message appears :
error
in SOFTIMAGE|SICORE engine the application will be closed. it quits and doesn't restart,

and if i restart i get the whole same behaviour. :(

sblair
08-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Did you try running runonce.bat?

Nemoid
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
i tried that from softimage command prompt .
i dunno exactly what this should do i added to C:\Softimage\XSI_5.11_Foundation\Application\bin> runonce.bat
it does something, but again, XSI doesn't start after that.

using winzoz command line it says it cannot run it : ilcor 10.dll wasn't found

its maybe a shared Winzoz dll that was corrupted?

sblair
08-02-2006, 04:13 PM
runonce.bat re-registers the XSI dlls. It is kinda like re-installing. For some users, it gets rid of the problem you are having.

Other things to try:

- rename your Users folder

- delete any crash backup files in your Projects
eg look for folders like "Project-name\system\user-name\CrashBackup" and delete any crash backup files

- reinstall the driver for your graphic card

SimonPickard
08-03-2006, 06:02 AM
try uninstalling quicktime and see if that fixes it.

regards,
simon

Nemoid
08-03-2006, 07:59 AM
ok i'll try all.

hey this QT suggestion could also fit.
actually XSI stopped working properly after new QT install i did cause pixologic new vids didn't work with the older one.this sux, tho, because i'd wanna see all sigg vids i can found, and most of them are QT

edit:
ROFLMAO : uninstalling QT did fix it !!

its probably something in the new version of QT disturbing XSI ? :eek:
ok so far i'll try using another movie viewer , but i'm curious about why this happened?

SimonPickard
08-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Use the quicktime standalone, and not quicktime + itunes.

Regards,
Si.

Sbowling
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Use the quicktime standalone, and not quicktime + itunes.

Regards,
Si.

Better yet, use quicktime alternative and watch QT files in a real media player. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.