PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Skinning

mhdmhd
08-01-2006, 11:27 AM
If i have advanced skinning character in 3d application (3ds max) using for example stretchy bones,forget the constraints ok so the standard bones only will work but still the stetchy bones has skinning on it. i have to animate the character in MB without stretchy bones then i add the stretchy bones with its skinning later when i import back the animation in my 3d appliction
how should i act to that problem?

VM
08-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure what your animation workflow is, but not being able to use the stretchiness while posing in MB... I wouldn't know what to do, I would just animate without stretchiness, maybe add some, later, in Maya or whatever, but I guess you need to use the stretchiness as you pose, so not being able to do that in MB would make adding some stretchiness later more or less.... well, hard to do.
it's like you're trying to animate a chicken, but in MB you have a cow's rig, so you animate the cow, but then transfer it to Maya and hope to turn it into a chicken.... of course, I'm exaggerating, but that would be the idea - if you have to do this, you do it, but if you have other choices, I wouldn't recommend working like this. I'd encourage you to use the stretchy rig in another 3D app, and animate there. That... if you really must use stretchiness. But yet again, depends on the project, on the rig, and especially, I think, on your animation workflow.

I'd love stretchiness in MB!!! I hope they'll incorporate it in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2006, 10:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.