PDA

View Full Version : Newbie industry questions

abd
01-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Hi,

I'm an After Effects artist looking to go back to school and get some Flame training. I was hoping that some of you could give me and idea of what the market has been like for Flame artists(Los Angeles & NYC in particular), and what type of rates (in general), people are charging.

TIA

ab

jeferichardson
01-27-2003, 05:28 PM
I suggest you try getting a job @ a company that has a Flame and sit in on sessions and get on the machine in off hours. That way you will be able to learn from the flame operator.
I did that yrs ago. I got a job @ a company. And in spare time learned from operator. After 6 months I was one of the operators.

wireFrame
01-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Yes I agree.

Look for companies who uses FFI

You apply as an assistant and do the dirty work as a start. It's much practical than attending classes. It's more of like an on-the-job training for you. Apprenticeship as another term for it.

Good luck!

abd
01-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

Thanks so much for the replies. I guess my next step is to find a post house with a Flame. If anyone out there is looking for an AE artist with AVID experience who is eager to learn Flame and is only too happy to do the "dirty work" please drop me an email.

Ab

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.