PDA

View Full Version : texturing question

krone
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Hi!

That´s a very old problem for me.
Ypu have to think something like a building with several panels in the fassade. (see attached files)
Now the problem is that I need to have different colors/textures (normally a range between 4 or 8) for each panel.... Is there a fastest way than manually select polygons and set different texture tags?
IMPORTANT: the panels are often different sized so that´s impossibole to use a procedural texture with tiles surface

nutriman
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi Krone,

you could make use of Bobtronics colorchanger plugin.
Just create one material, in the color channel set up your base color and specify
color changer as shader.
Depending on how much color variation you want play around with the mixing value.
It's great, I use it all the time with a low mixing value to bring in subtle color variations.

Jorge Arango
07-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi Krone,

you could make use of Bobtronics colorchanger plugin.
Just create one material, in the color channel set up your base color and specify
color changer as shader.
Depending on how much color variation you want play around with the mixing value.
It's great, I use it all the time with a low mixing value to bring in subtle color variations.

You can also create a material with Colorizer. Then, in the Colorizer settings, in texture, you select Color Changer and in the Colorizer gradient you create a node for each of the colors you want.

Jorge Arango

krone
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Vielen Dank Nutriman! (und natürlich Vielen Dank Bobtronic!)
Exactly what I need

Tschüß ale

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.