PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop freezing the system

TrueOG
01-21-2003, 06:45 PM
I have posted this one in the Photoshop forum. I hope thst this is not inconvenient, if so, moderators feel free to delete this thread.

Well, this is the problem.

Recently I had to reinstall my system due to a crash that made imposible FastTrak utility to access the hard drive.
Problem came after reinstalling (WinNT 4 SP 6a).
Now PS refuses to start, freezing the whole system or, when it comes to run, freezes the system if I dare to use any tool dealing with bitmaps ( I mean I can make selections, for example, but when I try to use any brush or even the bucket tool the problem comes up)

I have plenty of RAM (1 GB), and I have configured the scratch disks to use partitions that have room enough for the temporal files that PS create.

I tried PS6 and ol' PS 5 with the same results. I also gave a try to Paint Shop Pro and it runs, but not very smoothly.
Vector-based apps run OK. I've even installed the LW Discovery Edition to make tests (plenty of OpenGL here) and it run smooth like a baby.

The sistem rides one Hercules grafic card (Prophet 3d II MX 32 Mb) with the lastests drivers from their web.
This is driving me nuts.

Anyone ever experienced something like this?

See ya

TrueOG

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.