PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle earth - character - ╦frilith

ChrisCross
01-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi!

Just joined CG Challenge today so I┤m kind of fresh at this whole thing. I┤ve entered the Races Of Middle Earth 2D challenge just now and posted my contribution. If there are any questions, just ask. But please spare me of any unproductive criticism, I┤ll just ignore it...
Also! Later on, I┤ll maybe update my work in the competition with some new pictures if there┤s time. The description of the race will be posted here as soon as possible, just need a few more days to complete it.

Thanks!

spm
01-21-2003, 03:55 PM
wow! this is incredible! im sure you will win!

Tommy Lee
01-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the challenge!

But I have to say,.. It┤s one of the challengerules to post from the skketch. Ask a Mod if ya entrie is ok. I don┤t think so.

Nice start anyway:beer:

Tommy Lee

ChrisCross
01-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Ok... heres some wip:

ChrisCross
01-21-2003, 06:06 PM
And here┤s a finished pic:

Tommy Lee
01-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Great....I love the eyethingy on his back:thumbsup:

Is a background coming up too? Hope so!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Laterz dude:beer:

Tommy Lee

ChrisCross
01-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Ok... gotta fix the pic now! :) Thanx Tommy but thats not really an eye so i┤ll fix it and post another pic.

ChrisCross
01-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Now! Ereased the "eye". Actually you┤re not the first one to comment that so... I┤ll probably make a background, but that┤ll be a whole other picture.

Tommy Lee
01-21-2003, 06:39 PM
DOH!!!! But I think its a great idea of wearing a magical Eye on the back... some sort of parasite, symbiont or something. hehe. Wait for the next pic.:bounce:

Pancreas
01-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Nice character, reminds me those guys from Abbeys oddisey (sp?). I had a laugh with the back eye affair, its fun too know how other people read your drawings.
Waiting for the history and image background.

Frinsklen
02-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Great concept, pose, colors... very...... dynamic! :D

I really like this one, can you post a bigger image? For the colored one, I mean.
Any ideas for the final composition? background, mood and stuff?

:beer:

[edit]: your thread's title is wrong. It's supposed to be "Races of Middle earth - character - yourUSERNAME" (and not the character's name)

ChrisCross
02-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks.
Yeah i┤ve thought abit about all that actually. I┤m just not sure if I will be able to pull it of, time-wize. I┤m not even sure if I┤ve got the time complete the competition. Have┤nt even started on the history of the species yet so... Though I┤ve got some ideas for it.

Alice
02-23-2003, 10:06 PM
:wip: :wip: :wip:

you have to finish it!
Lets gather at #grafik, drink loads of beer and make a story up :D

:beer:
/Alice

ChrisCross
02-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Ok, Here goes: (sorry in advance for my bad english)

╦frilith is known as a race of theives, or chameleons as they also are called, that steals anything they can get their hands on. They are in no way selfevolving, as they steal not only objects and items but also memories and thoughts. For example in shape of books or personal letters from perhaps a husband to his whife. It is said that they live in mazes under the big roots of the trees in Fangorn Forrest. If you┤ve ever encounted boobytraps in the depths of the forrest, you know they are close. Other species know them as hermits and because they dont have a true identity, little is known about these masked creatures as their true faces never been revealed, nor is it known how many of them is still out there. There are no records to be shown that even one of them have ever been captured. Some say that they are just a myth...

As they have a similar anatomy of orcs, humans and hobbits as well, they are perfect chameleons when dressed appropriate. They can then easely blend into crowds of people or other illfigured beings. Their height vary. It┤s said that they┤re taller than hobbits, but shorter than humans and with a constant crouched posture. They┤re lithe and muscular, but sinewy, in that way a perfect athletic theif.

Ever since The One Ring was found by Smegol, the ╦frilihts thirst to posess it. It┤s said that they┤re out there, searching for The One Ring. It┤s the ultimate theft, their one goal...

Royal
02-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Nice stuff Chris, I like the sketches alot :thumbsup:

wildsheepchase
02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Nice work:thumbsup: I love the pose..it's really dynamic. Are you going to leave it as a sketch? I would love to see a background with it.:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.