PDA

View Full Version : Chalenge wip (cerreto)

cerreto
12-29-2001, 01:04 AM
Ok im trying to go about the rules but in my interpataion of them lol

First i thought about the pirate theme and what a alien pirate might look like and how you would see him so , I figured that a pirate in space would be somone who would have to use what he comes across in his raids, which would be a wide range of styles of clothes , tools ,technology etc he would have some of the most advanced as well as most crude tecnologies

So i decided to give him medivel armor type shoulder armour asian styled belt gaurds for his abbs and side alot of belts to hold gear and weopons ! and a breathing aparatus to enable him to handle difrent type of enviroments as well as breath a gas type of drug to enhance strengt and reastion time durring a raid

I will be adding knee or thigh style boots with a medival alien look to them along with a large gloved hand and a mechanicel hand with forarm protection

tell me what you think so far this is basicly just a sketch so far really ruff and unrefined ill be adding alot more detail to the mechanics and armor as i go to make a decent modelhttp://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/rr.jpg

bassaminator
12-29-2001, 01:18 AM
hey you're fast! I just have a medium LOD body right now, no accessories (I kinda suck at non-organic modeling) great work so far. Amazing how unlike mine your interpretation is.

cerreto
12-29-2001, 01:22 AM
that was the idea of the challenge to see how diferent we all view the same thing i thinkits going to be great my character when finished will look alot taller and thinner with all the props big feet etc

marioucci
12-29-2001, 01:50 AM
wow trav,
very cool design man!!!
the earing detail is great and i love the props around his neck!!!
this will be a tuff challenge i can tell:)

Raideen
12-29-2001, 02:02 AM
Niiice:)

goodlag
12-29-2001, 03:07 AM
wow

very nice design:eek:

wolf
12-29-2001, 07:32 AM
Really cool.
I havenīt even started yet. Still waiting for my new comp.

Khar_Negt
12-29-2001, 07:40 AM
Wow, you're so fast :)
What modelling method do you use? Don't seem it's box modelling... Adding poly by poly?

InnerVortex
12-29-2001, 10:55 AM
am i the oly one making it a comic character? hehe is very cool nice.. i really cant do stuf like that... so get readdy to see some REALLY different stuf... hehehe

parallax
12-29-2001, 11:59 AM
Impressive,
Love that outfit.

lildragon
12-29-2001, 01:44 PM
ok guys there you have it, I asked Leonard to have this separate forum created for you all :) enjoy ;)

pswitzer
12-29-2001, 03:45 PM
Groovy! I really like that cerreto. And, no you aren't the only one doing a comic type character.

cerreto
12-29-2001, 08:40 PM
sorry deleted running out of room on my server the latest wip is on the next page

Martin-K-
12-30-2001, 12:15 AM
looks like you and matt have some competition there :)
do you really work that fast or did you reuse some portions of your gargoyle model into this one ? ( the arms/tail/chest look very famillar :P

keep up the awesome work man. ( and get yer butt on icq )

cerreto
12-30-2001, 12:22 AM
re used the gargoyle chest and arms for now just concepting the character once i get the character done most of the body wont be seen

im always on ic q some people just never get off ther new playstation LOL

Martin-K-
12-30-2001, 01:02 AM
hey. whats wrong with liking yer ps2 ? :) ( yer just jealous :)

mmm ico,,,gt3,...jack and daxter...gta3....meatl gear solid 2...:0~~~~

cerreto
12-30-2001, 02:44 PM
khar net ,forgot to peply to you sorry, I use lw for most of my modeliing, for diferent things i use diferent methods! The head i normally use a mixture of point by point and box, this head was a box because i didnt really need alot of detail with the mask etc ,

I usualy start poly by poly for alot of organics until i have the basic shape i want then i use band saw to give me more geometry where i need it ! This model is way heavy cause im not realy paying atention to poly count as its going to be a sculpture

Tools i use most are bandsaw , smooth shift ,merge, poly drag and weld

thanks for asking !

pascal_blanche
12-30-2001, 11:23 PM
Doh!! Nice start !!!! damn I never stop saying that.. :D All the wips are amazing.. boy this challenge is crazy!

cerreto
12-30-2001, 11:38 PM
Thanks Big Dog !

Khar_Negt
12-31-2001, 05:50 AM
Thx for the info Cerreto :) I understand better how you construct your model now(why they're holes where you don't have attached things :))

cerreto
12-31-2001, 07:27 AM
ok heres some more still working on ideas in my head the arms are going to get a whole lot of stuff i keep having to strecth him cause hes getting bulky most of the details on the chst neck and head are close to finished still need some more on the mask and the pipes going in to it

next will be the arms fore arms mechanical hand then ill mocve to those damn boots ill finish with his back still have so much to do deed back is apreciated !http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/fffffffe4.jpg

cerreto
12-31-2001, 07:41 AM
http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/RAIDER.jpg

thought id name him while i was at it and decided RAIDER would be a good name for a pirate :)

InnerVortex
12-31-2001, 10:52 AM
i do love it.. the cloths and stuff are getting really great, looks almost like a samurai stuff, is so dam powerfulll;) keep posting wips

Joebount
12-31-2001, 12:16 PM
I thought he should look friendly ... I wouldn't like to see him angry then !!! ;)

cerreto
01-01-2002, 06:52 AM
sarted on the hand the shiny black part will be getting wires all over it ! [

cerreto
01-01-2002, 07:27 AM
deleted

marioucci
01-01-2002, 07:36 AM
man!!!
those are the coolest hand iīve seen in a long time!!!!
those hydraulic stuff on top of the fingers are great!!!
my only suggestion is that u keep doing it the way u already are:)

keep it up, cerreto!
:D

Martin-K-
01-01-2002, 03:46 PM
its funny how you talk down to yourself, saying you suck and all...and you still manage to get some of the most impressive work done on this forum :)

cerreto
01-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Well i have inspiration from some very good freinds :)

cerreto
01-07-2002, 05:28 AM
deleted

cerreto
01-07-2002, 05:31 AM
deleted

cerreto
01-07-2002, 07:03 AM
here is a lil explanation of what is there and what im adding im going to have to do a skirt for the lower half as the poly count will be too high soonhttp://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/RAIDER.jpg

cerreto
01-08-2002, 10:03 PM
samll update http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/rr.jpg

Martin-K-
01-08-2002, 10:10 PM
quick ...get him to a psychiatric home.

Joebount
01-09-2002, 04:45 AM
hum hum ... friendly they said ... :D

cerreto
01-09-2002, 05:20 AM
this is true but i believe my character is far from looking friendly but freindly is a emotion , so ill have a render without his mask smiling LOL !besides at this point im using this character as fun practice there is alot of good work to be displayed by everyone so keep posting people !

pascal_blanche
01-09-2002, 10:11 AM
wow lots of details here!! If you want one of my tips, I always try in a certain way to balance my characters... like if I model a very complex arm, ill make an other part of the body simpler (like the torso for example) and the other tip is that I always try to get strong lines in the composition of the body, or oppostions ( big torso, little head) that's part of my style I guess, but if it can help.. for now your modelling skills are really good, but you should not be affraind to work again on general proportions to make it cooler. with this character I would go on a way big prosthesic hand, a thinner head and more bulked shoulders.. or something helse. For now all your parts are equal intensity if I can say that... does it help?;)

baby
01-09-2002, 10:22 AM
Hum....is its right arm a giant cutter ?!?!?

or will he be able to bend it ?!?

Prisoner
01-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Looks Great, the armor rocks
only can't understand the right arm!

cerreto
01-09-2002, 02:36 PM
hi everyone thanks for the feed back ! looks like i have a little explaning to do :) The right arm has just been started so it hasnt ben scaled to fot the arm and the hand amd glove are still to be finished .

Pascal thanks for the advice ill try to implement your sugestions as i agree they are good tips !

cerreto
01-13-2002, 09:45 PM
tiny update kinda :)http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/dirty.jpg

cerreto
01-14-2002, 04:27 AM
latest wip had to delete a few earleir running out of room on my server

http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/BIG%20PIC2%202.jpg

Equinoxx
01-14-2002, 05:31 AM
it's coming along very good Cerreto.
The wires on his rightshand don't make sense tho imo. they just run around his hand back to where they came from. insert them in his knuckles, that will look better I imho.

oh and you prolly know this allready, but his upper leg isn't smoothshaded.

Great work so far in any case. thumbs up.

epatnor
01-14-2002, 09:56 AM
Very nicely detailed character, excellent work I must say! I think that the balance in the character is rather good, but then I like symmetry! And as said before, rocking armour... Pirates should have armour, right? All those sabel cuts... Ouch!

How about an addition of the challenge criteria:

>> Character should be able to lead old ladies across the street w/o causing heartattack. :)

Hmmm.... but which pirates in their right mind would do that...??

:D

Error323
01-14-2002, 11:00 AM
TEXTURE TEXTURE TEXTURE IT!!!!!!! :)

could u texture it? =)

l_farley13_l
01-14-2002, 03:50 PM
He is starting to look a little freindly er . . . well with a few tweeks, he could be friendly like a Disney Deer ( you already have the right slanting eyes, just a wee bit bigger will make him a good guy, if you want him to be that is ;)

Amazing deatail on the armor, I especially love all the concave parts (on the armored arm, belt and the claws) it makes it look built out of metal not clay etc. Perhaps next time I will put some more detail into mine, as it is it just feels so flabby :( Oh well

See you,

Farley13

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.