PDA

View Full Version : hair, hair, hair... SUBD?

uxus
03-14-2002, 01:36 PM
well, i have a character and i applied a hair to him, then i pressed + button and rendered, and i see that the hair grows from the low poly and not the aproximade model (the hair grows from the air) how it can be repaired?

Gatsu
03-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Use the ''Duplicate with Geometry Approximation'' command
and reapply the hair on this subdivision Model.

It's the fastest way that i've in mind

Bye

mr-doOo
03-14-2002, 02:58 PM
this an actual limitation, this wiil be solve in the next update

uxus
03-14-2002, 03:19 PM
i don't realy understand you Gatsu.
what do you mean. explain it to me more, please.
the head is already textured and i worked on the hair already so is there any way to reaply the textures and the hair to another (subdivided) model without pain?

Gatsu
03-14-2002, 05:05 PM
Give a value of Geometry Approximation to your head.

Now Edit>Duplicate Instantiate>Duplicate using Geometry Approx.

This command solve the problem for the textures, but not for hair.

Anyway, you can reapply the hair now and make hair at the end next time ;)

Bye

dmonk
03-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Can't you just make a subdivision surface of the model and apply the hair to that mesh / hide it and render out the hair on it's own layer. the sub_d surfce should move with the original character so the hair should sync up fine.

(at least it sounded like a good idea in my head.):(

KEKS
03-15-2002, 11:20 AM
Yeah , I have found that a problem too. You cant apply it to low mesh and then subdivide it or whatever. I dont even know if it works with local subdivision refinment wich is what i prefer over aproximation. But the good idea for now is to do it all at the end after you texture it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.