PDA

View Full Version : My site (kind of portfolio :))

Kutkin
07-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi
So I created a web site. It is supposed to be a portfolio, but now it's just few images I did (or rendered).
I'll replace them with better works, once I'll have some (I hope so) :).

I'd like to hear some suggestions about it. What to improve or change and wheter you like it.

I hope you enjoy.

Go to my site here:
www.rybarstvi-hodonin.cz/kutkin_web/ (http://www.rybarstvi-hodonin.cz/kutkin_web/)

Cheers

Matellis
07-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey Pavel,

I just checked out your website. Its looking alright but I have a few suggestions.
I think it is better to not have a splash page. It does show some of your work right away but I think that kind of thing would be better if you have it on the home page since there are no images there. And the slash page you have now reminds me of a post card and I don't no if that would be the kind of look you would want being a matte painting/3d modeler.(opinion) It makes me feel like im going into a graphic design portfolio.

Also the banner at the top looks like it was designed at a smaller res and the resized losing some of its detail. I would say that if you are planning on having that banner maybe put a little more time and detail into it. Not so much that it takes the views eye away from your work but just subtle. Thou I do find that the orange conflicts a bit and it makes my eyes want to leave the paintings.

I hope that helps but keep in mind I am no pro at that stuff :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2006, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.