PDA

View Full Version : pflow collision problem

ahmedsheeraz
07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
hi all, I am facing a prob in pflow and I have attached my pflow file. the problem here is that particles should pass to the next event as they collide with deflector but they aren't instead they all at once go to the next event as the deflector comes to the mid of the animation so plz have a look n tell me wat i am doing wrong. thanx.

supremepizza
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Have you verified they are colliding? Send them to a display event to see if you can get them to change shape just to test how much leakage you're getting.

OlegB
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM
You need to fix the script in the Birth Script operator - pivot points of the particles are all in the center of the sphere.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

ahmedsheeraz
07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
thanx olegB, pros are pros :) thanx for the accurate answer although I haven't tried it yet but i know problem has been nailed down. can I reset the pivots in the for loop? anyway thanx

ahmedsheeraz
07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
hi all, I reset the pivot and now they are working fine but a new problem arises now. All the particles are offsetting from there original positions. why is it so? I will post my max file while I will b in home?

ahmedsheeraz
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
hi I have attached the new file with a new problem :) . Actually pivot problem has been resolved but I don't know wat makes particles offsetting from thier original positions (ie. inherit position from mesh). As in picture particles should be in place where the red sphere is but u see they are offsetting and have gaps in between. I v attached jpg and max file. plz have a look or tell me wat i am doin wrong

ahmedsheeraz
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
hi people, I don't think pros here don't know the answer wat I have asked :) . I just want a hint, else I will research myself ;) . thanx

ahmedsheeraz
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM
hey...got the answer recently at orbaz forums...anyway thanx all
actually I was not using xform on geometry which in turn causes the particles to offset.

CGTalk Moderation
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.