PDA

View Full Version : Color correction for HD ,any ideas !?

asn_new
07-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi, i need some help !

i have JVC HD 101 prohd camera and we will shoot a music viedeo clip in closed (in-door) location we plane to shot in 24p mode and just like any HD 16:9 and we will edit using Edius .... all great tell now !
but the problem is that the TV Station witch should run th clip told us that the quality and the colors of the clip MUST be 35mm or film like !
i made many color correction using fusion but never with this camera ! and not for this TV station !
i need to know can it be done 100% using only fusion ? and is there any kind preset for the color correction that can be used in my case or at least help me ?
if anyone can help or show where to find real help and fast i will be more than greetful !
please help! we should start shooting after 3 dayes !!
Thanks and waiting for your answers !

Deepray
07-26-2006, 10:05 AM
well... can you post a screen capture of your actual footage, to view the original quality of the image?

The secret to make a digital footage apears like 35mm it's not easy, and it's not only in post... a good photograp direction and a good work in the ilumination process it's critic. Maybe in post you can "play" with levels, deinterleace and some filters like magic bullet, but... all depends or how you work has been filmed....

Afftor
07-27-2006, 11:12 AM
I completly agree with Deepray on that matter.
Major problem would be low dynamic range of HD shots. So you don't really have any options, but to shot your video in a best possible way.

Tagger
07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
what i dont get is that you're working for "a tv station" and yet you're working in 24p ... why would you do that ?

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.