PDA

View Full Version : vpr Matrix?

platypus
01-20-2003, 10:35 PM
searching for a good deal on a new machine right now, and I came across the vpr Matrix FT9100-PE (http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11182860&m=488&cat=490&scat=491) - at Bestbuy of all places.

looks like a pretty nice system for the price.

specs (from their site):
IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 processor 3.06A GHz, with Hyper-Threading (HT) technology for improved multitasking performance and 533MHz system bus for a powerful CPU-to-memory connection
two 100.0GB RAID-enabled hard drives
512KB L2 cache memory
nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4200 graphics card with 128MB

so, has anybody heard anything about these machines yet? i havent been able to track down any reviews of their desktops, but I foudn sveral reviews of the vpr laptops - and they have all been overwhelmingly good.

what do y'all think?

SovereignKnight
01-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Vpr is Best Buys house brand. You won't find them anywhere else. They are pretty good computers actually. Best Buy was frustrated selling the mass-produced crap (ie Compaq, e-Machine, etc) and decided to pay someone to produce a superior product. They even got Porche to design the case. The best thing about them in my opinion, is the fact that they don't have integrated components, and the components they use are good quality, name brand items.

SK

Aehbon
01-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Not to mention the Intel motherboards they use support Raid, in fact best buy even sells specific VPR matrix Hard drives.

I actually work for best buy and i can tell you those computers are really good. They have the least return rate out of all the computers we sell. (Only the first batch was bad because Intel sent out bad Motherboards)

I highly recommend them.

Aehbon:thumbsup:

platypus
01-22-2003, 12:08 AM
thanks for the feedback, guys. i am definitely leaning towards buying one of them soon.

:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.